Ratings for Dr. Geoffrey Fenner

You will not find a more skilled, knowledgeable and compassionate plastic surgeon. My results are beautiful and very natural. I couldn't be more pleased. The office staff is truly a team and support best outcomes at every level. I only wish I had known about Dr. Fenner at the time of my diagnosis and decision-making. I was so impressed with his approach, expertise, and understanding, that I decided to have some elective surgery with him as well. All results are beautiful. In a word, I am thrilled. If you'd like to know more specifics, read below. The review that was written yesterday, on Feb. 9th, I could have written myself! My story is nearly identical. I was originally referred to a surgeon who was called "the A team". His office took great care of me, but in the end, I did not feel listened to or pleased. To the contrary. I needed a bilateral mastectomy and was still reeling from the unexpected diagnosis. I was very lucky, had an excellent prognosis, and yet I had to face total breast reconstruction. I was concerned about losing a beautiful natural bustline. I told my Dr. each visit that "I did not want to go home with someone else's breasts or look like a barbie doll, I want a natural look and feel to every possible extent." I put my trust in his hands. The outcome was he used high profile implants, and I felt like I had hard oranges in my chest. I was so self-conscious and didn't want to hug anyone. I was physically uncomfortable, I didn't feel like myself, and was deeply saddened from the loss of my once beautiful, natural breasts. In the meantime, I had developed a bag under my left eye. I thought it had been from a hard cry after diagnosis and would go away. It was still there after 6 months. I asked my plastic surgeon about it and he suggested that it might be allergy-related and to try an antihistamine, which did improve it. I saw my GP and she referred me to a Dermatologist, who without hesitation referred me to Dr. Fenner, saying he was excellent. When I mentioned this to a close friend, her comment was "Dr. Fenner has an amazing reputation as a breast surgeon. And, he did "J"'s facelift, which is the best face work I've seen." I made an appt. and told his office I wanted to see him about my eye, and get a second opinion on my breast reconstruction. Dr. Fenner discussed my eye with me, and also asked me what concerns I had about my breasts?When I told him they felt very hard and looked unnatural, he asked me if I had used the massage protocol? I was stunned, I had never heard of it, and yet he told me that it is standard protocol, and you can read about it widely on the internet. It is post-surgery massage that softens the breasts, and keeps the tissue soft. Why had my surgeon and his team never suggested this? I had repeatedly expressed concerns about how hard my breasts were. In that moment, I lost confidence, and told Dr. Fenner I wanted to switch to his practice. Dr. Fenner also addressed concerns about my breasts and offered some solutions. When I had brought these up to my first surgeon, he didn't offer any real hope for improvement. Dr. Fenner, right away, showed more compassion and more advanced expertise. I told him that "I regretted that I hadn't found him sooner." It turned out that I was invited to an event and I sat next to "J" who went to Dr. Fenner for a lower facelift. I had met her twice before over span of 3 years. She is an attractive woman. My first reaction to seeing her was to think how beautiful and youthful she looked. She looked stunning in the most natural way. Sitting next to her, I could not see any evidence of facial surgery. None. And, I really looked! I couldn't get over her youthful radiance. I would have only thought she'd been taking really good care of herself, was in a very happy place in her life, etc. My neck had started to wrinkle and my jawline was becoming lax and my youthful face had started to show advancing 'skin age' at 58. After seeing "J" plus my overall experience in his office, I felt so much confidence in Dr. Fenner that I decided to go ahead with all three procedures, breast reconstruction, my lower eyelid, and a lower facelift. I'll end by saying that there are a lot of plastic surgeons out there. Some are salesmen, some are showmen, some have an office of women who look like barbie dolls. Dr. Fenner and his office are none of the above. They represent the opposite. Dr. Fenner is on the quiet side, he uses his time wisely/efficiently...listening, studying and explaining what results are most achievable. He is compassionate and caring, and I would also call him a very skilled artist. I am certain he responds to each patient's individual concerns and needs anew. At this point, I could put my trust in him with very few questions. He's that talented and knowledgeable. I feel like I got my body back after a very unsettling year. I will be forever grateful to his office and his outstanding care.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Upon diagnosis of breast cancer, I underwent a bilateral mastectomy with a highly regarded surgeon and agreed to placing tissue expanders by the hospital staff plastic surgeon. The breast cancer surgery yielded an excellent result, but the plastic surgery left a lot to be desired. My scars were terrible, the position ony chest was wildly asymmetrical, and communication about my recovery process was inadequate. Luckily, a friend who knows a health care professional who assists at the hospital's breast surgery told her, "Choose no one but Fenner, no one." As this person sees all the surgeon's work, I took the advice. I can't express what a change for the better this was! Dr. Fenner advised me to undergo an expander replacement after radiation caused scarring and painful seroma. I felt better immediately, and now have a beautifully shaped breast mound. When my skin heals enough, I am sure Dr. Fenner will make my chest symmetrical and perfect. He is amazingly talented, and he can get you back to health. Dr. Fenner has created an amazing organization of support staff, unparalleled in professionalism, warmth and customer service. They are proud to be part of Fenner's winning team, and my only regret is that I didn't know of him sooner. No one who chooses Dr. Fenner as her surgeon will be disappointed.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and opted for double mast. Dr. Fenner completed my reconstructive surgery, same day (no expanders required =) plus, he did not recommend for my frame; too small and said they would be painful). My surgery went well, he did an amazing job, and he was checking up on me at 5 am the next morning. I also had him remove my port; best decision ever, he did a fantastic job! I had slight issue w/skin on left side, but we made revisions the following year. I'm completely satisfied with my results. Staff is super sweet, warm and welcoming. One of the things I loved most was his availability; late hours! I even had laser hair removal in the spa dept, wonderful experience there too. Dr. Fenner is a quiet person, but very nice/sweet, and a perfectionist. =) I always enjoy seeing him, his staff and spa specialists.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Being a patient of Doctor Fenner has been nothing but a positive and life changing experience in all the right ways. From the first consultation to the follow up appointments everything has been personal, professional, caring and more than satisfying beyond just the physical results. Dr. Fenner truly is talented in the work he does. Look at the before and after’s they are something undeniably amazing. For a patient though the surgery is so short in the grand scheme of things. It requires you to do absolutely nothing for 3-4 hrs. while Dr. Fenner does amazing work. The part that matters most is the before and after for you as a patient not the time in the operating room. Surgeries like these are life altering in all the right ways and Dr. Fenner and his staff truly guide you through it. What I appreciated beyond the physical results was the attentiveness of his staff and how comfortable I felt in the most vulnerable of times. I had my surgery at Dr. Fenners office which afforded me what seemed like a personal nurse who never left my room from start to end. I also had a nurse assigned to me for pre-op and post-op questions who took the time to explain all the details and to insure that there were no surprises. She worked with my family following surgery to ensure I was comfortable and that the healing process was smooth. Dr. Fenner though does not put the burden of care solely on his staff before and after surgery. He was engaged with me in every phase of the process and was constantly inquiring about my thoughts/concerns. A truly personable person that I feel generally cares about his patients beyond just the chart. My pre-consultations were timely and addressed all my questions. My follow ups addressed all my concerns and were flexible in fitting with my schedule. You feel a personal interest by every one of his staff. They are all so friendly just as he is. One of the best things is how attentive they are and somehow they make you feel like you are the only one being seen. No matter how far or near you live. If you are looking for a great surgeon I would start here. You will be more than satisfied, but thrilled.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

I interviewed three well known plastic surgeons in the area before choosing Dr. Fenner. He was highly recommended to me from two friends whose daughters both had breast reduction surgery. My expectations were therefore very high going into surgery and he exceeded my expectations! The post-operative results are literally perfect. Although it has only been approximately a month since surgery, the scars are healing beautifully and he and his outstanding staff of nurses and clinicians have provided immediate support and care whenever we had questions or concerns. This is literally the best medical experience I have ever had. i highly recommend Dr. Fenner, his staff and his outstanding surgicenter facility.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

I just had a mastectomy and reconstruction with Dr. Fenner. He is an absolute artist and has a quiet and reassuring manner. His work is meticulous and his eye for proportion is a gift. If that were not enough, I can't rave enough about his office staff! Every single person is compassionate, caring, professional and efficient. They clearly understand the anxiety of going through this type of procedure and not only take care of details and red tape but nurture and truly care for patients from beginning to end. Dr. Fenner and his entire staff are truly remarkable!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in August of 2014, referred to a great Breast surgeon, who teamed up with a plastic surgeon. I was in such shock I couldn't even think! He was what I will call a butcher. I had a double mastectomy on Sept 30, 2014. Expanders were put in with NO IDEA how long I would have them. It was like a big secret. Every week, I agonized over there and he told me, one day, I'll look HOT! I'm 55 years with a 30 year marriage. I just want to be healthy! I looked AWFUL! The Way too large BIG C cups were put in and off I went. Off to find another surgeon. I wish I would have known I could do this from the beginning! I found Dr. Geoffrey Fenner in Kenilworth. He is a very kind, soft spoken, GENIUS! HE looked at me and I didn't feel disgusting, He asked me what I was not happy with, although he could tell! HE told me I will be able to fix what you are so unhappy with, Let me back up, his staff is FABULOUS! Do I had my first revision we went down a size, after he asked me if that was ok. As soon as I came out of surgery (he does take most insurance), I felt better. He explained to my husband what he did and saw me every week until the stitches healed. Face it, I would never have done this if breast cancer was not the reason. Dr Fenner did a revision, took away miserable scar tissue that had been left on me, and his stitches after two months, are almost disappeared! He is a genius, I am able to actually look at myself again! I want to be a voice for any woman who is diagnosed with breast cancer, YOU HAVE A CHOICE!! Let me be your personal reference! Doctor Fenner, you changed my life, THANK YOU! Thank you to each and every one of his office staff, nurses! Don't let breast cancer change your life in a bad way, Dr. Fenner is the reason, I feel so much better today! Mary E. Budler

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

Dr. Fenner is an artist! He has mastered his craft and it shows. I was beyond pleased with his thoroughness, precision and honesty prior to, throughout and beyond my surgery. He is looking out for his patients' best interests, which is very much appreciated. Likewise, the staff are so attentive, understanding and friendly. The appointment reminders and check-ins revealed their sincerity. Would 100% go back for another procedure!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

I had a breast reduction exactly a week ago and I am beyond thrilled with the results! I had heard from many people that Dr. Fenner was the surgeon to see, and now I completely understand why. For the past nine years, my breasts have held me back from taking part in everyday activities, and all I wanted was my confidence back. Dr. Fenner knew exactly what to do without me having to explain. He was extremely kind and helpful, and reassured my parents that the surgery would not only help with my self-confidence, but with my posture and back pain as well. I can tell that he is a perfectionist and that was exactly what I was looking for! He had a plan and made sure that I was onboard. I put on a form fitting dress for Thanksgiving and my confidence went out the roof! Dr. Fenner and his staff did an amazing job in helping me feel my best and I could not be more appreciative of that!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

Dr. Geoffrey Fenner's Credentials

• Spanish

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "You will not find a more skilled, knowledgeable and compassionate plastic surgeon. My results are beautiful and very natural. I couldn't be more pleased. The of..."

February 10, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Upon diagnosis of breast cancer, I underwent a bilateral mastectomy with a highly regarded surgeon and agreed to placing tissue expanders by the hospital staff..."

February 9, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and opted for double mast. Dr. Fenner completed my reconstructive surgery, same day (no expanders required =) plus, he did n..."

January 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Being a patient of Doctor Fenner has been nothing but a positive and life changing experience in all the right ways. From the first consultation to the follow ..."

January 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Expert, trustworthy, and professional—always happy with my results! Highly recommend"

January 13, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I interviewed three well known plastic surgeons in the area before choosing Dr. Fenner. He was highly recommended to me from two friends whose daughters both h..."

January 8, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I just had a mastectomy and reconstruction with Dr. Fenner. He is an absolute artist and has a quiet and reassuring manner. His work is meticulous and his eye f..."

December 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was diagnosed with breast cancer in August of 2014, referred to a great Breast surgeon, who teamed up with a plastic surgeon. I was in such shock I couldn't e..."

December 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Fenner is an artist! He has mastered his craft and it shows. I was beyond pleased with his thoroughness, precision and honesty prior to, throughout and beyo..."

December 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a breast reduction exactly a week ago and I am beyond thrilled with the results! I had heard from many people that Dr. Fenner was the surgeon to see, and ..."

November 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I could not be happier with the results from my cosmetic surgery done by Dr. Fenner. I was sick on the day of my surgery and he was very understanding. The su..."

November 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Fenner and his staff are amazing. I am very grateful to be a patient of such a caring, gifted, talented and brilliant doctor. He and his staff provide outs..."

November 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Fenner is a highly experienced and skilled doctor. He provides his patients with excellent care, and realistic expectations. He is an artist. I first met Dr..."

November 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have a BRCA mutation that puts me at very high risk for Breast Cancer. I chose to have a preventative bi lateral mastectomy and Dr. Fenner did my reconstruct..."

October 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am so excited to finally have the figure I have dreamed of. I had tried for years to lose my chunky stomach by diet and exercise, and nothing would work. I ..."

September 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have had two cosmetic procedures performed by Dr. Fenner and the results were spectacular. I have the utmost respect for him, as a talented plastic surgeon w..."

September 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr. Fenner for breast augmentation to correct a congenital abnormality and I have never felt more confident! He honestly changed my life and I could n..."

September 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a breast reduction by Dr. Fenner 3 months ago. I am so pleased with the results, I was very nervous... Dr Fenner made me feel calm and sure that I would ..."

August 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Fenner for years. In addition, I have been a patient of the medical spa. Both services are amazing. Dr. Fenner is skilled and ex..."

August 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have had several procedures done by Dr. Fenner and could not be happier with the results! Dr. Fenner's skilled hands combined with his kindness and soft spoke..."

August 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I highly recommend Dr. Fenner and his staff. After a serious cycling accident, they were most helpful in addressing all my needs and concerns, both medically an..."

August 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have had several procedures by Dr Fenner. I was so pleased with each procedure ! The results were perfect! Dr Fenner is a very talented and caring surgeon . ..."

August 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr. Fenner with a breast defect that I had since having heart surgery as a young girl. I needed a Dr. that had not only expertise but also artistry..."

August 19, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Fenner is an incredibly talented surgeon. He did my breast augmentation last year and I can't believe how perfect they are! I was so nervous about the surg..."

August 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I cannot thank Dr. Fenner and his staff enough for the care and treatment that I received for reconstruction after a bilateral mastectomy. Dr. Fenner is a true..."

August 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I visited Dr. Fenner for a breast augmentation. He is really extremely talented surgeon. I had great results and I highly recommend him. He explained all the de..."

August 18, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I think Dr. Fenner takes on too many patients and loses the ability to treat everyone correctly. He is always late up to an hour and a half and yes things go wr..."

August 18, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "8 yrs post surgery with Dr Fenner and I am still having major issues come up with his work. Internal (blue) stitches coming out and causing infections and pote..."

July 19, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "If you want to save yourself trouble, do not see dr fenner. I truly do not know how he is as successful as he is, let alone allowed to practice medicine. He scr..."

April 20, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The worst experience ever! I had a double mastectomy and reconstruction done by Dr. Fenner. He destroyed my breasts. I got a condition called symmastia becau..."

January 20, 2015