Ratings for Dr. Mary T. Neal

I would love to talk to the last poster about hyperparathyroidism. I am going thru this now and no one seems to know much about this....PTH is 90% of the times, elevated...Serum Calcium fluctuates between 8.5 to 10.2...(still in normal lab ranges) Vitamin D is horrible...(low) Urine Calcium is high normal. Kidney stones. I saw Mary Neal twice after Peter Thompson retired. I loved her but this problem was never discussed....I should of opened my mouth as most likely she could of helped me also. I miss her. She was great! I will call Candy and if the last poster sees this, pls call Candy for my number. Thanks for posting this.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2009

Dr Mary Neal is the best OB/Gyn that I have ever had. She diagnosed a very rare condition called Hyperparathyroidism that had been going on in my body for many years, which "NO ONE" else had ever been able to diagnose and did this from a hunch from a conversation then followed up with the "right" blood work (this is key). She is brilliant and a true role model for what doctors should be like. I was not aware that she is retiring so I am very sad to hear about this. Those who were her patients will find it hard to replace her. Candy was also a great asset to the practice.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2009

Dr. Mary T. Neal's Credentials

• La State Univ Sch Of Med In New Orleans, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1979)

MSP/BC Med