Ratings for Dr. Ali R. Akhavan

Dr Akhavan is a caring, experienced chiropractor whose adjustments are precise and helpful w your pain and optimum alignment . Highly recommended. Namaste

flag | Submitted October 30, 2019

My right shoulder "exploded" in pain, after many years of growing calcification. I had an appointment at LGH in December for "Barbotage" - an invasive procedure, that I wan not looking forward to. Luckily, I ran into a friend, who had the same ailment. She highly recommended Dr. Akhavan. I went for several shock wave treatments on my shoulder, and it has completely healed. My shoulder finally feels "normal" again, and I happily cancelled my procedure at LGH. I, too, can highly recommend Dr. Akhavan.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2019

excellent and professional on time ,knowledgeable .

flag | Submitted May 29, 2019

I was diagnosed with severe calcific tendonopathy of left shoulder. Extremely painful. Physio did not help with this condition. My doctor recommended shockwave therapy. I did some research and found Dr Ali Akhavan's website and was impressed. In booking a appointment I found Dr Akhavan to be caring, knowledgeable, understanding of my condition. Dr Akhavan said I was a good candidate for the shockwave treatment. I was apprehensive as to what it would feel like - he then put it on my hand so I knew what to expect. Fear eliminated - he went ahead with the shockwave treatment. As my condition was bad many treatments later I was able to lift my arm and a year later with reduced treatments my Xray showed the calcium on the tendon was gone. I can lift my arm straight up and have no pain. I trusted Dr Ali Akhavan with his treatment, knowledge and 'bedside' manner. He is very personable and pleasant Doctor. That is hard to find nowadays! I totally recommend his services,

flag | Submitted April 25, 2019

Dr. Akhavan is by far the best chiropractor I have been to. Every time I come for treatment I leave feeling healthier and in better shape that coming in. His adjustments are always great and his advice for daily ecersizes have helped me so much to help my back condition. He makes people feel welcome, and in great hands.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2019

Caring, knowledgeable, and thorough with instructions for home care after his treatments. I have been going to his clinic for approx 10 years for treatment of my childhood back injuries with associated neck problems and I feel the relief within 2-3 sessions. I am grateful having him on the Northshore and I highly recommend Dr. Akhavan

flag | Submitted February 9, 2019

I recently received shock wave treatment for 3-year old rotator cuff issues. The treatment was prompt, professional and personable... and is working. I highly recommend Dr. Akhavan.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2019

I limped into Dr. Akhavans office in extreme pain and a few sessions later I felt terrific...mission accomplished!. Dr. Akhavan was very honest regarding my injury and my outcome with full explanations of what he would do to help me with my recovery. I was more than satisfied with his treatments and I appreciated his encouragement. If I ever injure myself again the next day I will be on Dr. Akhavans doorstep for his expertise.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2018

Very strange experience. No office staff except Dr Akhavan. I like to be greeted upon arrival at an appointment and not seeing any reception staff and no other patients was odd. It is important to feel comfortable with your Dr for any treatments and I did not.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2018

I was told to go on a wait list for hip replacement through an arthritis clinic. I sought help from Dr. Akhavan. From the first appointment I felt relief. I could finally sleep on both sides and no throbbing pain. Second visit the pain was gone. I now go for a, “tune up” every couple months.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2018

Dr. Ali R. Akhavan's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

UnitedHealthcare