Ratings for Dr. Lori B Hudson

I love Dr. Hudson. She is always very kind to me and listens to my concerns. She is very knowledgeable and explains things in a way I understand. I saw her for every single prenatal visit. She had a family emergency and couldn't be there when I delivered but she called me after. She is wonderful!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2013

I wouldn't recommend this doctor to deliver my puppies! She took very little time with me and and paid very little attention to my concerns. My baby girl delivered in the CAR because neither she nor the hospital would listen to me when I repeatedly told them I live 150 miles from Tucson. She sent me home when I was dilated between 4 1/2 to 5 cm! One week later (on the phone) when I wanted to be induced she said she could only do it 1 week out! Two days later my baby came & weighed 9.9 lbs. and the pediatrician said the baby was a full 41 + weeks when I had her. Four days after delivery she finally called and said she was sorry my worst fears had happened, but she was happy it was a 'live birth' and that the baby was healthy! She then said if she could be of any further assistance to let her know!!!! (and this was just a phone message)

flag | Submitted October 4, 2013

Dr. Hudson is not a good doctor. She seems to know so much that she doesn't care too much. She rushed through all of our appointments supposing that she would have answered any questions that I should have had with her rambling on and on from the time she entered the room. And when I would have a question, she seemed annoyed. She was my provider for my prenatal care but whenever I could get an appointment with the NP I took it; because the NP was more caring towards me and my baby and answered any questions that i had. I was thankful when she was not the Dr. on call the afternoon i went into labor. I would not recommend this Dr. to my enemy.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2012

She could not give me any recovery times for surgery. I felt like I was being hustled. You should know what expected recovery times are if your performing surgery. There is no way anyone should give carte blanche for someone to go in and perform a Hysterectomy. I don't see how anyone would be expected to wake up in recovery without knowing how long they expect to recover and what is being done to them. I could not seem to get any answers to make an informed decision as the best way to deal with fibroids other than a myomectomy and then allowing her to perfrom a hysterectomy if she felt the need - which she was really pushing for. It is scary and I don't feel comfortable allowing her to make that decision while I am in surgery.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

I'm not sure if I would recommend her or not. She seems to be a skilled surgeon but not a very good doctor. See her if you need an emergency GYN surgery but otherwise I would avoid. My first experience with her was an emergency surgery. I was impressed with her and switched to her for my regular care. Two years later, when I was concerned about serious pains I had sustained for 6 months (I always wait inappropriately long to see a doctor because I don't bother to bring something up unless I'm sure I'm not being a drama queen) she suggested that I take antidepressants. Yikes.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

We were very unhappy at our last visit. Dr. Hudson was only with us for about 3 minutes, never asked a single question about how I was doing, whether I am taking my vitamins, if I have felt the baby move, nothing. When we asked for a sonogram, she was defensive and I had to pleead my case; I don't think asking for care was too much to ask for. She was curt for the rest of the appointment, suggested that I lost paperwork I was never given, and generally made me feel terrible. I would never recommend her to anyone else after that visit, and am hoping for her other patients sake she was just having an off day.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2010

She was amazing... she delivered my 1st baby via c section! I am impressed with her experiences and knowledge... actually the whole clinic are staffed by women and for women! Go for it!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2007

Dr. Lori B Hudson's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1991)