Ratings for Dr. Yvette M. Gentry

I've seen Dr. Gentry for a number of years. First, I do agree with the other post about her speaking voice. I can follow her when I listen carefully, but I know my husband has had trouble when he's accompanied me to visits. Good side: I feel that she is generally well-informed and a good doctor. I've found her staff to be extremely helpful and kind. You don't have to wait FOREVER to get an appointment with her. She agreed to do a number of tests for me that are not the norm, to put my mind at ease. Bad side: You will have a long wait to see her when you arrive for your appointment. Her bedside manner in what I considered to be a crisis situation (I've had 2 miscarriages) was not terribly empathetic. Her explanation of one particular test result really made no sense. I also think she may have been too quick to suggest surgery (fibroid removal); another doctor saw no need. But she would (and still may) have done the surgery herself, contrary to the other post.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2008

I met with Dr. Gentry twice regarding issues I have with endometriosis and endometrial ovarian cysts. I waited over an hour to see her BOTH TIMES. She speaks so quietly that you can barely hear her, while she also speaks very quickly. Therefore, whenever I ask her a question, I leave without having a clue what she said. In terms of endometriosis, I honestly think she doesn't know much about it at all. Maybe she is good at other ob-gyn issues, but not this. She had limited recommendations in terms of treatments, and even though I need a laparoscopy to remove two ovarians cysts (size 2 inches and 4.5 inches), she refuses to operate. She does not like surgery. Unfortunately, it is my only option, and she more or less sent me away with absolutely nothing. No treatment, no recommendations. Having her as a doctor was completely useless. She did absolutely nothing for me, and now I have to keep walking around with two huge cysts and endo in my stomach until I find a new doctor.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2007

Dr. Yvette M. Gentry's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)