Ratings for Dr. HARLAN E. Hiramoto

Dr. Hiramoto is a very good clinician. He takes detailed notes, answers questions and explains in a clear and thorough manner. I’ve previously recommended him several times to others, but will no longer recommend his practice. The administrative staff, not all, but several have been unhelpful, uncompassionate and even rude. When I called the office one early November day out on a sick day and in pain, the surgical scheduler told me that they’d rather wait until the beginning of the calendar year to start treating me with injections. This is because they would receive more revenue because at the beginning of the year, I’d have to pay out of pocket. I went to another facility for shots. The billing department also made a mistake and wound up sending my account (which had a zero balance) to a collections agency. When I called the billing department to resolve it, the biller insisted there was nothing they could do, that I needed to pay my bills on time and said that I hadn’t paid the bill in over 1 year. I explained repeatedly that I never received a bill from the office, and that any bill I’ve received from this office had already been paid by me. She was aggressive and insistent. I told her I’d pay any bill outstanding, if she would send me a copy of the charges. We hung up and after 45 minutes she called back to say this was their error and she’d notify the collections agency. I appreciate that she did the necessary research to get to the bottom of the problem, but this was after she had loudly told me I didn’t pay my bills. Dr. Hiramoto is a good doctor, who unfortunately has staff that are eroding his professional reputation.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

No Compassion; went for 2nd opinion re foot problem. Dr. H wasn't slightest bit interested or helpful.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

doctor hiramoto was great as far as deciphering my shoulder pain, offering options, and not automatically recommending surgery. the pain recurs but it is probably a long term rotator cuff/bursitis injury. i am going back to see him, but i feel comfortable that i will get great advice/treatment. he is not--punctual however...

flag | Submitted January 8, 2009

Specializes in lower body although he does all. I agree he writes everyting down. Told me I had had a pediatric orthopedic disease that I never knew I about. Good diagnostitian and treater. Been told he is a top notch surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2007

He is very thorough and writes everything down for you. Doesn't just recommend surgery, as many do. He gives you all the options he believes you have and gives his recommendations. I felt confident in his assessment of my shoulder injury/fracture. He saw me immediately, at my request.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2007

My father was operated on by this doctor for hip FX. He was up and about with no problems in a week. An excelent DR. you can trust. Great bed side manor!!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2007

Excellent dr. I had a torn achilles tendon. He repaired it surgically and I'm good as new. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2006

the best visit I had this injury. he spent the time to explain what all the pictures showed, wrote down the options, recommended both "traditional" and "asian" solutions. (english very good)

flag | Submitted February 1, 2006

Dr. HARLAN E. Hiramoto's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Coventry Healthcare