Ratings for Dr. T Arnason

Dr. Arnason stepped up to help me when I decided to find a new Endocrinologist after a bad experience. She has been nothing but helpful and made every effort to see me in hospital without a long wait. I was JUST diagnosed with Von Hippel Lindau and my surgical care was referred out to Calgary so Dr. Arnason is working with the doctors in Calgary to arrange things here for me so I don't need to make as many trips out there. Bless her heart! She does an excellent job explaining things and takes her time at our appointments. She is very personable and has been so kind as to communicate with me via email when I need as well. Very happy to be one of her patients after an awful experience with a different Endocrinologist here in Saskatoon. Kelly D.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

I think she is knowledgeable but has too much on her plate. I'm still suffering from thyroid issues after thyrodectomy (cancer) now have graves disease. I just feel they don't know enough period of how the thyroid affects everything. Even if blood tests show my levels are in normal range...I still feel absolutely crappie and know something is out of whack. I'm looking for a miracle now. It's been ongoing for over two years. I'd love to try something natural like they did in old days but it's not an option with her. Not sure what to do soooo frustrated. Her staff are heartless people and need some people skills training.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2016

What an absolute joke! Sees patient for less than 1 day per week given she prefers to focus her time on research! However, given her poor bedside manner and complete unwillingness to try and help me with my thyroid condition, perhaps 1 day of clinic per week is too much! A doctor with no interest in helping people!!! Kind of ironic?! If you are a patient with a hormonal problem of any kind whatsoever, don't even waste your time with her! Try seeing a real endocrinologist instead of this glorified lab tech!!!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

I am a longstanding type one diabetic with brittle control on an insulin pump! I attempted to see Dr. Arnason for assistance! However, i was informed that she doesn't see any diabetic patients at all yet alone complicated diabetic patients on an insulin pump!!! A province which sadly lacks enough endocrinologists to begin with and we somehow have one who doesn't see diabetics, yet alone pump patients?? That is absurd? Dr. Arnason, you should be ashamed for not being willing to help patients who desperately need your services!!!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

After a brain tumor removal, Dr Arnason was very helpful, compassionate and caring. I only wish there were another few thousand doctors like her. My highest regards to you. Sincerely Bruce.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

Was useless and would not listen to me. I finally got a referral to another Endo and he got to the bottom of my troubles in one visit and things turned around for the better within a few weeks. I spent a lot of time feeling miserable under Dr Arnasons care. I do not recommend her at all.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

I am a Hashimoto's sufferer of over 20 years. Meeting with Arnason was one of the most humiliating, degrading experiences of my life. My concerns were ignored, belittled, and I believe I was stereotyped as a 40-something lazy female. Without looking at any blood work, the "specialist" told me to go exercise and learn what a calorie is. The woman appears to know very little when it comes to thyroid disease and really showed no willingness to learn. She ended the visit by saying she would not see me again-- she would continue "care" via phone. I have not heard from her since (fall 2013). Terra Arnason lied about a "med student"-- she told me a young woman accompanying her was a med student & asked if I would allow her to observe my appointment. I agreed. Later I found out the woman was NOT in med school, but a lab tech in Arnason's lab!!!! Breaking doctor-patient confidentiality? Shame on you, Arnason! I think her 1 day a week practice should be seriously evaluated.

Submitted July 17, 2014

I was so pleasantly surprised when I went to see Dr. Arnason. I had already been to see two other Endocrinologists before getting a referral .I felt that I was important, listened to, not dismissed in any way. Dr. Arnason is professional yet compassionate while spending time to listen and explain treatment options. I am also thankful for her referral to an excellent surgeon within a short time period. I would highly recommend her to others.:)

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

Dr. Arnason does not know the latests tests or treatments for thyroid. She is not willing to hear about what the rest of the world is doing to treat thyroid diseases. She also spends 3 days out of five as a researcher in Health Sciences (on diabetes) so had little time to see patients and little knowledge about thyroid. I won't be seeing her again.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

I would not recommend anyone to see her. Over all a bad doctor. She may act like she cares but the moment you would like to try another type of treatment she says she will not see you anymore. Only good thing she did for me was referred me to neurosurgeon. I should mention that was a fight to get the referral.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2014