Ratings for Dr. Leonid L. Topper

Dr. Topper just happened to be the Neurologist on hand the morning my daughter was born, and he has been following and managing her case since that week she spent in the NICU. My daughter has a rare genetic disorder that most doctors have never encountered, but he has been absolutely wonderful in his willingness to work with us and to listen and address every concern we have about her treatment. I always get a call back within a few hours of leaving a voicemail or e-mail message, and many times, Dr. Topper himself has called me back. He's busy, but he takes the time to discuss everything in detail. I deeply appreciate how much he cares about my daughter and would recommend him to anybody. We are so lucky to have him on our "team!"

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

His report regarding our son was copied off another patient and used as a template. The other patients info was embedded in the report so I knew it was not ours - he and his colleagues refused at first to rewrite!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

His refusal to engage with his patients is disturbing. His failure to discuss what he is doing during an examination to either the child or parent is unacceptable. If you are looking for a Cold-War era , completely disengaged physician who is terrible interacting with adults and even worse with children and whose office staff is at best rude, this is the neurologist for you.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

I've been taking my son to Dr. Topper for 7yrs now. For a neurological disorder that causes severe pain all over his body. I'm SHOCKED to read the negative comments posted on this website about Dr. Topper. Dr Topper always answers our questions or concerns. He always calls back personally when I leave a voicemail message. I agree that it's hard to get someone on the phone there at the main office (wasn't like this before they changed to Advocare), but whenever I do leave a message, or send an email, I always get a return phone call from a friendly staff member that same day. Dr. Topper does have a dry bedside manner, but who cares!!! His knowledge and care for my son is beyond words and I would never take my son elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

We waited in the office an hour after showing up on time for an appt. Wasn't even told to bring our child and after we FINALLY got an office staff member on the phone (the day before) they told us what to bring and expect. Really? No confirmation call from their end? Dr. Topper's bedside manner is atrocious. I would say the man shouldn't even BE AROUND children, that's how much of a heavy hand he has. Just awful. Gruff, unwilling to answer questions and called out of the room for phone conversations three times in the 15 scant minutes he spent with our ADHD son and us, desperately seekin answers and treatment. Never again. STAY AWAY.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2012

Dr Topper helped us a lot.He is a great Dr.We would recomend him to our family and friends.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2012

Dr. Topper irresponsibly hands out medications to kids like it's candy. His evaluation of my child was silly, and quite frankly seemed that he had just one goal...give the meds and get us back in for more appointments. He's arrogant, and unwilling to discuss questions we had as parents. He is quick to give them meds and set up a "treatment plan". I felt like he didn't care about my child at all, just seemed to make sure he could bill us for continued visits. Honestly, Dr. Topper is probably the worst doctor I have ever dealt with. Insensative, uncaring, arrogant, unhelpful, and I'll see "greedy" cause it seems that his goal is continued visits, not any well thought out treatment. He didn't care to answer my questions. Perhaps his arrogance is an act to hide his lack of knowledge? Just a hunch. My advice to other parents - find someone else. Dr. Topper was horrible.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

I can never get in touch with office staff for appts. No one every answers phone. Then if u happen to get a call back the receptionist put u on hold and transfer u to someones else where u speak to another voicemail.Dr. Topper is knowledgeable but lacks any interest in the child

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

I was unhappy with the Drs. attitude and manner toward my child and me. I did not want to discuss specific behaviors in front of my child, but was not given any other choice. I felt like I was on the witness stand being badgered with questions. The advice given was equivalent to things I was already trying and not much new was added. I really felt he couldn't be bothered with us.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2010

Do not expect an open mind! Everything is black or white. He is right, everyone else is wrong. Perhaps his treatments work. I will not test it on my kid. Thanks and but no, thanks!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2009