Ratings for Dr. Leonard S. Leichus

This is the worst doctor. I agree with the other reviews that I have no idea and am sad that this site would rank him #2 based on all these reviews. I wish I did my research before coming to this physician who is clearly just trying to make money and does not care about his patients at all. Worst experience in my life at a doctors office.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2018

Not everyone comes to the internet to leave negative reviews, however, I really advise any person considering this physician not discount the numerous negative reviews. He performed a procedure on me and had the nurse explain what would happen. When I showed up for my followup appointment I was seen by a medical student. I questioned when I would see the doctor and she explained she could get a nurse. The nurse rudely let me know he was not there and I could schedule another appointment if I wanted to see him but I would have to pay again. I would consider doing your research on your provider as I wish I had done so here. No idea how he could be ranked 2 in Tallahassee and if true consider a specialist elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Just moved here from out of town and needed a GI doc. I read the reviews and quickly discounted the vast majority. It is sad that people flock to the internet and leave negative reviews about businesses. At any rate, I called Dr. Leichus's office to make an appointment and the staff scheduled me right away. The staff was friendly as was Dr. Leichus. He answered all of my questions and ordered appropriate testing. I am more than happy with my experience with him and would certainly recommend him to friends and family.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

I'm not sure "who" is writing the glowing reviews on behalf of this man but I can assure you the negative reviews are the most accurate. My last colonoscopy with him landed me in the ER due to his negligence during the procedure. Had I listened to him , I would have had my colon resectioned based on his "push" to have me make a decision. Thankfully, I got a second opinion & I am completely fine. More importantly, Dr Leichus' medical documentation of my procedure was so poor that my new Dr had difficulty understanding what he was talking about regarding my procedure. The below reviews are correct regarding rude staff, lengthy wait, poor record keeping etc. It is also true that the waiting rooms at both his office and his surgical center are packed and unkept. I will never go back to him again even if my life depended on it.

Submitted March 10, 2017

Misdiagnosed me and had me taking medications I didn't need. Never actually addressed the issue I was referred to him for and when asked about it he got upset and said he was just going to refer me out to Shands. Terrible bedside manner and don't ever expect a straight answer or solution out of him. Heck, his office even lost my file on more than one occasion.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

Dr. and staff is horrible. I would never refer anyone to this office. He doesn't care about the patient, he spend every bit of 3 minute with you and then the diagnosis he gives you is completely incorrect. Worst ever. I will never go back there again.

Submitted June 2, 2016

I have never experienced a more unprofessional and uncaring experience with both the doctor and his staff.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

I went to Dr. Singh 1st and he said I had 2 years to live. Dr. Leichus saved my life and is the best doctor I have ever been to. He cares about me and my health. I owe him so much!! The staff is very busy and should maybe get some more help. They need to get their jobs done in a more timely and caring manner. But Dr. Leichus is my Hero!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Went several times after several colonoscopies...never saw Dr Leichus until around 5th visit...very rude...very quick to get in and out. Will not return. Office staff not friendly from front area to back scheduling...but can understand after FINALLY meeting him. Misdiagnoses on my hubby twice.

Submitted April 14, 2014

The doctor is fantastic but, the office staff are the worst you can find.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

Dr. Leonard S. Leichus's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1990)

MB Health