Ratings for Dr. Leonard S. Leichus

Just moved here from out of town and needed a GI doc. I read the reviews and quickly discounted the vast majority. It is sad that people flock to the internet and leave negative reviews about businesses. At any rate, I called Dr. Leichus's office to make an appointment and the staff scheduled me right away. The staff was friendly as was Dr. Leichus. He answered all of my questions and ordered appropriate testing. I am more than happy with my experience with him and would certainly recommend him to friends and family.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

I'm not sure "who" is writing the glowing reviews on behalf of this man but I can assure you the negative reviews are the most accurate. My last colonoscopy with him landed me in the ER due to his negligence during the procedure. Had I listened to him , I would have had my colon resectioned based on his "push" to have me make a decision. Thankfully, I got a second opinion & I am completely fine. More importantly, Dr Leichus' medical documentation of my procedure was so poor that my new Dr had difficulty understanding what he was talking about regarding my procedure. The below reviews are correct regarding rude staff, lengthy wait, poor record keeping etc. It is also true that the waiting rooms at both his office and his surgical center are packed and unkept. I will never go back to him again even if my life depended on it.

Submitted March 10, 2017

Misdiagnosed me and had me taking medications I didn't need. Never actually addressed the issue I was referred to him for and when asked about it he got upset and said he was just going to refer me out to Shands. Terrible bedside manner and don't ever expect a straight answer or solution out of him. Heck, his office even lost my file on more than one occasion.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

Dr. and staff is horrible. I would never refer anyone to this office. He doesn't care about the patient, he spend every bit of 3 minute with you and then the diagnosis he gives you is completely incorrect. Worst ever. I will never go back there again.

Submitted June 2, 2016

I have never experienced a more unprofessional and uncaring experience with both the doctor and his staff.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

I went to Dr. Singh 1st and he said I had 2 years to live. Dr. Leichus saved my life and is the best doctor I have ever been to. He cares about me and my health. I owe him so much!! The staff is very busy and should maybe get some more help. They need to get their jobs done in a more timely and caring manner. But Dr. Leichus is my Hero!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Went several times after several colonoscopies...never saw Dr Leichus until around 5th visit...very rude...very quick to get in and out. Will not return. Office staff not friendly from front area to back scheduling...but can understand after FINALLY meeting him. Misdiagnoses on my hubby twice.

Submitted April 14, 2014

The doctor is fantastic but, the office staff are the worst you can find.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

Never had any procedure before without once meeting the doctor. Very disturbing. Nurses were great, but receptionist was too busy chewing her gum to even look up and say hi when we arrived. Waiting area was cramped and uncomfortable. Really felt rushed to leave when I "came to" after procedure... and still, no sign of the doctor. Does he really exist? Still have no idea if I'll have a copay or billing since no one could answer that question. Hmmmm... If you have a choice, try to go elsewhere. I felt like an anonymous cog in an assembly line.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

Visit was easy and was scheduled for a colonoscopy. The checkout process was easy as well. Consulted with a insurance specialist who showed me my bcbs benefits. She was great at explaining the costs of the procedure to me. Being that it was a screening there was no initial cost to me, however I was informed that if a biopsy was taken or something was removed then my procedure would then be diagnostic and it would be billed as such to bcbs. All in all, great experience. Will certainly follow-up. My primary care picked a good specialist for me and I appreciate that very much.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2012

Dr. Leonard S. Leichus's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1990)