Ratings for Dr. Brendan F. Burke

Very nice and professional, but follows mainstream old-school medical model to a T. Very limited knowledge of natural birth, breastfeeding, VBAC, and vaccines. Over uses ultrasound and Uses typical medical fear-mongering, i.e.- "if you have a VBAC your baby and you will die". "You need to give your baby a bottle so you can rest your nipples" Seriously? What is this? ...1950? Typical Georgetown education. Nice guy, but I hope he's educated himself since I last saw him 13 years ago. Glad I didn't listen to his fear-mongering and had a natural homebirth after his unnecessary c- section and prenatal testing. BTW, guess which kid is healthier, my first or second? Update yourself, Dr. Spock!!!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

I had my c section with Dr Burke, I think everybodys doctor experience is different. I am not a great fan of him. First of all he did not support me for natural birth at all. And few more things had happened, he might be a good doctor just did not work for me.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Dr. Burke is the best doctor I have ever been to. Hands down. I am switching insurance companies so I can stay with him. He is reassuring and truly cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

He is an INCREDIBLE doctor! He cares and will fit me that day when I need to see him. He takes his time and explains everything. I absolutely love him and strongly recommend.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2012

He is one of the best docs I have had in many years. Great follow-up, REALLY listens, and is a great physician. I have seen a few in the area - some had very difficult staff, etc. I am so glad to have found Dr. Burke.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2012

Excellent care and attention. Returns calls. Extremely knowledgeable, reassuring, and helpful.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

Dr. Burke is wonderful. He is patient and also very generous with his time when discussing treatment options, etc. His staff could be more professional but it is consistent with what I see in other practices.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2010

I did not care for Dr. Burke. He seemed preoccupied. He spent time explaining things to me but since I am a bit of a worrier, his intensity would not work well for me. He is a solo practitioner so I had some concerns about who would be there for me in a pinch.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2009

Spends time explaining and answering questions. Calls when necessary. Very nice staff. Does not take Blue Cross.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2009

He is a wonderful caring doctor. I use him as my primary as well and has been EXTREMELY helpful when I've needed some extra attention in a pinch. One day he scheduled an MRI,xray,sonogram and 2 other doctors appointments...all in the same afternoon. He always calls back in a reasonableamount of time. He has treated a few members of my family and they all feel the same way.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2009

Dr. Brendan F. Burke's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Top Hospitals in Chevy Chase, MD