Ratings for Dr. Walter I. Choung

I had been to other orthopedic doctors in the area and went to Dr Choung for a second opinion after meeting him in the waiting room after my husbands double knee replacement in March 2016. He was very kind and knowledgeable and I could tell he cared about his patients, which to me was very important. I had one knee replaced in June 2016 and my second knee replaced at the end of September 2016. Both of my surgeries went extremely well and I found during both experiences in post op and therapy to have all of my questions answered by Dr Choung and his friendly and knowledgeable staff. I have never had a long wait time in the office either. My husband had two surgeries one on each shoulder for bone spurs also done in 2016 and he also feels the same way about Dr Choung and his staff. You could not find a more caring and compassionate doctor who I saw not only as a patient but also as a patients spouse. I would highly recommend Dr Choung to anyone needing an orthopedic doctor. For my husband and I, our quality of life because of our successful surgeries has greatly improved far more than I could have imagined thanks to Dr Choung and his knowledge and expertise

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Dr. Choung including his staff - one of staff said that his younger brother works as well as a manager and he was very rude, arrogant and only work for money. Seems that the Dr. and all his family are only looking for making big money not for the best service for their patients... I would not recommend this place.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

i had a hip an knee replacement i am very happy with the results fixing to have another surgery for hip replacement an knee i wouldnt go to anyone else victoria ford

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

Dr. Choung and his assistant were completely untrustworthy and unprofessional in their evaluation of my orthopedic needs. When I declared that I was going to get a second opinion, Dr. Choung slammed his fist onto his desk and literally shouted, "I AM THE DOCTOR", absolutely confirming my doubts there and then. The second opinion that I later received was that three major surgeries demanded by Dr. Choung were easily remedied by physical therapy. This happened six years ago and I'm perfectly fine. I learned from this experience to scrutinize and research the professionals to whom I entrust my well being.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

My grandmother was a patient of dr. Choung's for a knee replacement. My poor grandma was the most active person I knew, she would work in her garden all day and hated sitting around, after her knee replacement, it would become inflamed very easily and for no reason. To be honest her knee looked horrid. She said she was nice when she talked to him, but after the surgery she questioned his surgical skills.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Choung for four years I am very pleased with the staff they always go the extra mile. Dr. Choung is through and a great surgeon. He has done a knee replacement, and shoulder surgery on me and continues to do pain management with my ongoing back issues. I am also very pleased with his therapy department.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Dr. Walter Choung replaced my knee on August 6, 2014 and he is very good surgeon. My recovery time has been minimal and all questions have been answered professionally. He is quite knowledgeable and good at helping me understand what I needed. No BS, he is direct and frank. Everything he said was accurate. He explained the consequences of me not following through on rehab. and exercise. My family was always shown respect and their questions were answered. The office staff were top notch and professional. I would send my family and friends in a heartbeat. Sincere thanks to all and pleased to write this comment.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

As a family member of a patient, I have personally eye witnessed a very unpleasant and unprofessional outburst of verbal abuse and physical threatening action by Dr Choung at the Seven Rivers Hospital at Crystal River FL. All the staff seems to be very cautious around him and created a very uncomfortable environment. I just hope that will not impact on the quality of patient care at the medical facility. I would seek out another orth doctor for my family member the next time.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2014

Stunned to read all these negative comments but seeiing some of the patients, it's obvious they do not take care of themselves overall and they have very negative attitudes. Doc is not God - he can fix the ailment but you have to want to get better. My husband had shoulder operated on. Our questions were answered, he was efficient and professional and 3 weeks later my husband healing nicely and going to therapy. I need shoulder surgery now and will mot hesitate. Dr Choung's office is exceptionally busy with patients so don't expect him to hold your hand. Be well!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2014

Went to this doctor for a broken bone. Dr Choung was not very helpful and his assistant was extremly arrogant. I wish I had gone to a different doctor.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

Dr. Walter I. Choung's Credentials

• Univ Of Nc At Chapel Hill Sch Of Med, Chapel Hill Nc 27599 (Grad. 1985)

Avmed