Ratings for Dr. Bob Kiaii

Dr. Kiaii and his team of doctors did an Aortic Value replacement, robotically, on me, on May 28, 2018; the first in Ontario and second in Canada, so I'm told. He and the staff in London are all one could hope for in professionals. If you are fortunate enough to have them as your health-care team, consider yourself fortunate. Dr. Kiaii is not only a great surgeon but also very patient friendly and helpful answering any and all medical questions. The surgery lasted close to seven hours; the time in hospital 4 days; recovery at home 5 weeks due to swollen legs and feet; got AFIB until Cardioversion at three months. Never had any pain or soreness from the surgery as the operation was performed through the ribs and did not cut the breastbone. Healing from the cuts took a couple of weeks at most. Now bike 2 hours a day with increased speed and substantially more energy. I'm 73 years old and hope to be here for another 20; thanks in part to the great people in London University Hospital. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2018

Dr. Kiaii saved my life on June 12, 2012. I had been afflicted with sever Infectious Endocarditis at the end of 2011 & was diagnosed in Feb 2012. After a 2-3 month regimen of intravenous antibiotics it was felt I was in dire need of Cardiac surgery, so I was scheduled for June 12. When I woke up 3-4 days later he was in to see me pretty much every day, often more than once. Two weeks adter the surgery he was in seeing me when I developed an apparently serious respiratory problem. I don't remember much after it began but, when I woke up 3 days later in ICU again they told me he saved my life for the second time. He has kept up with my recovery since I was discharged. & though I now only see him about once every year or two when seeing Dr. Dias, my Cardiologist, he still remembers me. If you have to have heart surgery, you should hope you are lucky enough to get Dr. Kiaii & his team. HE IS MY HERO!!!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2018

Dr Kiaii has the best personality and is so kind and thoughtful. He is exceptional. So good with people!!!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2018

My husband just had mitral valve repair and an ablation done by Dr. Kiaii and his team at London University Hospital. From the moment that my husband and I met Dr. Kiaii, he instilled a sense of wellbeing and security. He is knowledgeable, compassionate and has an amazing way of making the patient and family feel that they are in the best hands. Considering how often he visited my husband, we started to wonder if he lives at the hospital. We would be remiss if we didn't acknowledge his team; from his admin assistant, Crystal, to the amazing doctors and nurses at the hospital. It's very apparent that this man loves and lives his work! Thank you to all.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

Caring, compassionate and a gift from God. He made himself available to the family and answered every question asked. He made a person feel like their case was the most important. He was never in a rush. Amazing man with an amazing team beside him. Thank you.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

Dr Kiaii recently completed my aortic valve replacement surgery. Dr Kiaii was very patient and explained everything. His energy heading into the afternoon surgery was reassuring. He subsequently visited everyday in the hospital! He and the staff in the cardiac unit were just fabulous. In my 2nd week of recovery and doing well. Thanks Dr Kiaii. Lorraine

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

absolutely the best in London, maybe the best in the world...and a great guy too!!! I'm back in the game after an 18 hour surgery and feeling great. It all works. Thanks Dr. Bob...Bob Dilts

flag | Submitted December 10, 2016

I came from Toronto and found Dr. Kiaii is only one team in access Robot by pass surgery . After I contacted his assistant , I was qualified for this surgery . Several contact with team , I must said that they absulotely excellent . THus team is Canadian proud. I left hospital the third day after surgery . University of hospital all staff are so kindly . I love this hospital ,and Dr. Kiaii team

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

Dr Kiaii is the very best. The words caring compassionate and brilliant are only the tip of the ice burg in describing him. If you need expert care he is your man. Nothing but the highest respect for him.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

I can't say enough about Dr Kiaii and his team of Dr's and the nurses. They made me feel very comfortable with the surgery. He repaired my Mitral valve and a triple bypass. 7 months ago today and I feel great. He is very personable, very nice guy, and even has a sense of humor...lol. And no Doc, I haven't shoveled any snow or used a snow blower like you said. My wife does the shoveling, haha! Just a big THANKS to all at UH.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016