Ratings for Dr. Bruce P. Young

I have to strongly disagree with the prior negative comments below. When I was a patient in the office I recieved the best care from the physicians as well as the staff. They were very compassionate about the amount of pain I was in and the physician made me feel very comfortable and confidient with his treatment plan. Within a few days I was feeling relief, before I knew it I was back on my feet and back to my normal daily activities. I would recommend this office highly and would return without hesitation in the event I had another orthopedic problem arise.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

After reading some negative reviews I felt I just had to write because they could not be more inaccurate. I had torn meniscus repair and needed an appoIntment right away as I am a snowbird and wanted to have the procedure done before moving back up north. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. I visited the Lighthouse Point office as well as the Boca Raton office and both offices were very efficient. My surgery went well. The people at the HealthPlex where the out patient surgery was performed were top notch fromThe receptionist to the medical personnel. Bottom line, I felt that the Lighthouse Point Orthopedic group were very nice, efficient, kind and accommodating. The negative reviews you read should be disregarded in my opinion. My doctor was Bruce Young but a few years ago I was a patient of Dr. Matos and had excellent results with him also. I feel lucky that I made these choices for my surgeries.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

The office staff is the rudest I have ever encountered at a doctors office, which was a low bar to begin with. Expect to wait at least an hour for every appointment. Dr. Young spent very little time with me and didn't explain the situation or my options well. Considering the extreme pain I was in, the first thing he should have done was prescribe pain meds. He never did that. When I called back to get a prescription the office staff refused to put a message through to him with the request. Need less to say I will be seeing a new ortho doc. Thank god I didn't have him perform surgery.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

I had to wait a very long time to see the Dr. and when he finally saw me he was extremely rude and condescending. He also had originally told me to one thing for healing and then forgot he told me that and yelled at me for doing what he had initially instructed. I am seeking another Dr. I would not recommend this Dr. at all.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013

Down in Florida from NY for vacation and had pain in my foot. I was given an appointment the very next day and the wait time was minimal. I found the staff to be very friendly and Dr. Young did not seem rushed and gave a diagnosis that I felt comfortable with. Given the fact he knew I leaving for NY the next day, I certainly felt he didn't just rush me out since he had no shot for a follow-up. I don't doubt any of the other reviews, but my experience was very positive.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2010

The staff is very unkind. They never explain you things ..You are suppose to know everything..Dr. Young is a busy person so he does not have time for you..He forgot to come back during my visit and sent a nurse to book an operation..It is unbelievable..

flag | Submitted May 15, 2009

I saw this doctor about 10 years ago at age of 18 for an accident I had, I was supposed to have surgery at 7am he didn't show up until 5pm, after 10 years, to make long story short I had to have another surgery, 6 months rehab, and a knee equivalent of an elderly person,all because he didn't do what he was supposed to the first time, he is horrible!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

This is a horrible orthopedist and his staff of nurses are nasty and unfriendly. He seems rushed anytime you go to see him and he only spends about 2 minutes with you after waiting for over a half hour. I went in to see him for pain in my neck, and the x-ray showed problems, however he refused to order an MRI for me for no good reason. He would only focus on my shoulder while there were more serious problems elsewhere. Finally, I got smart enough to see another doctor, and he ordered me a cervical MRI. It turns out I had a HERNIATED DISC the whole time! And the things he had me doing in PT for my shoulder was only making the pain in my neck worse. Whatever you do, DO NOT see this doctor. He is unfriendly, misinformed, and plain stupid. He doesn't care if you are in pain. He'll only give you a Rx for something equivalent to Tylenol. He's had so many law suits, he's paranoid of getting sued again, so he just doesn't help at all. I would recommend Dr. Jeff Ferynough or Dr. Larry Levin.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2007

Very helpful and polite.Knowledgeable and explains all facets of the problem. Good man

flag | Submitted August 6, 2007

Good doctor, horrible office practices. I had 1 appointment and 2 follow-ups so far and had to wait 1 1/2 hours to see the doctor for each visit. The whole followup is 3 minutes long, but I have to spend a whole morning at the doctor's office. I hate the mentality of over-scheduling to make as much money as possible. Doctors are greedy, especially the ones at "Lighthouse Point"

flag | Submitted August 30, 2005

Dr. Bruce P. Young's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robt W Johnson Med Sch, New Brunswick Nj 08901 (Grad. 1985)