Dr. Michael Tymianski

Ratings for Dr. Michael Tymianski

This man has removed multiple brain and spinal tumors for my mother for the past 22 years due to a rare genetic disorder. My family and I can never thank him enough. He's a brilliant man and caring doctor. My mother would not be here if it wasn't for him.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

He is the absolute best. Kind, caring and incredibly intelligent. I've known him for the past 2o years and he has operated on my bad back 3 times, each time with great success before I've reinjured myself. His research is groundbreaking and he's incredibly close to saving so many lives with the development of his NA-1 drug for strokes. I feel Canada is lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

I was injured in two car accidents that left me with trigeminal dystonia on the left side of my face. This was such a problem as I couldn't guarantee that I could work. But I did go back to work. Of course like any surgery it takes time to heal. This year i was in an accident & to say in the worst shape I've ever been in. I'm more bed ridden. I don't go out with my face spasms. I've been offered jobs but I cannot take them as if I told my new employer my condition, they would not hire me. With this condition I came to Dr Tymianski and he said I was fine. Didn't realize having a good day would result on extra pain, no life of living. Put my whole life on HOLD. This had put a HUGE strain on ly family. My kids say it's hard to be around cause I'm always sick, family functions are on only good days. Past 2 Christmas' I have not been included so the family can have a good time. I understand surgery is hard, but a cure is better. I've been sent to a neurologist who cannot help. I have been to a pain clinic & they're scared due to how much damage has been done. I get humming on my ears. I don't know if it's vertigo or is it from the surgery. I'm PRAYING to see the doctor and get some help. I cannot go on like this. I want to be healthy & watch my grand daughter grow up. Pray for the day to get my family back together & my goal get back to work cause being bed ridden sucks........so I'm not as you say Dr Tymianski "she looked great" . Sorry it was an ok day, the best. I'm people say your the best & I took two years to find you. Please fix me.... I gave a three on helpfulness because I know you can do better....your my last hope unless you fix me.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I just had my for appointment with dr Tymianski and am very happy with him! He was surprisingly knowledgeable about my rare condition and surgeries!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

I had a large petroclival meningioma 4 yrs ago. Dr.Tymianski was the only Toronto doctor who would operate.After 2 surgeries taking 15 hrs I was ok. His expertise and calm was exactly what was required. He is very adept at explaining what will happen before and after surgery and likely complications so I wasn't surprised later. His surgical team was very knowledgeable, thorough and followed up daily while I was in hospital. I would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2015

I had a L3-L4 lumbar microdiscectomy 6 days ago with Dr. T and his amazing surgical team. I am 22 years old and before the surgery I could not walk for more than 15 minutes without being in unbearable pain and having my right leg go completely numb. I was scared of loosing the ability to walk, but now I have nothing to worry about. When I was brought into the OR I was confident, safe and comfortable. The procedure took 3 hours due to an excessive amount of calcium buildup around the targeted disc. The surgery was a complete success and I am already standing and walking and sitting and driving and pooping and peeing with literally little to no pain. I did not see Dr. t prior to receiving anesthesia, the main surgeon was 6"6 and a really down to earth, confident surgeon. I want to also say Hi to Emma, whoever you may be! If you are thinking of having this surgery done by Dr. T, I highly suggest him and his surgical team. I don't think the surgery could have gone any better. The only issue I do have is with the nurses at Toronto Western. After my surgery, my gf and I were treated like sht.. I had to ask for pain medications, water, a walker, and my nurse (7times). I think my nurse was having a bad day, that's the only reason why I didn't report them. Trust Dr. T and his surgical team if you are experiencing any of the symptoms I was experiencing and have it professionally fixed! There is a hard to notice scar that is roughly an inch and a half. I was in the hospital for 11 and a half hours total. Thank you for improving the quality of my life, you people are amazing.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

One of Dr. Tymianski's residents, under his supervision, performed a micro-vascular decompression of the 7th cranial nerve to alleviate the conditions of Blepharospasms and hemi-facial spasms. Although there was some improvement immediately, it took a full year for the surgery's full effects. A year after the surgery I was twitch and clench free. No more embarrassing facial expressions, no more sleeplessness, no more facial fatigue, no more squinting every time I opened my mouth. I knew it would take time going into this and the results were even better than I had realistically hoped for. The after surgery care by the neurosurgery ward was above reproach. I have no problem whole heartedly recommending this surgeon and his team.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

Dr. Tymianski and his staff performed a semi-emergency L5-S1 Discectomy in September. They admitted me when no one else would look at me for several months to a year. They also possibly saved me from a being handicap at a young age for the rest of my life. I haven't seen Dr. Tymianski before or after the surgery even once. I can't even say whether he was even in the OR during the operation. Surgery went great with no complications. His residents are very nice and knowledgable and do a good job. I was on my feet unassisted literally 5 minutes after being brought back to the ward from the recovery room. First time seeing the doctor was in my follow-up appointment. My appointment was at 8:30 AM and he came into the room at 8:40 AM. He was very nice and smiled, checked me and asked me if I had any questions. He seemed a little impatiened but answered all my questions in full with a smile and was very nice! His secretary can sometimes be a little impatient as well but if you smile to her and treat her nicely and politely, she will do the same to you. They're doctors and staff members in the public sector, they are busy and swumped with patients. It's all understandable, just try to be nice and polite to them and accommodate for their needs and they will be good to you. Thank you for everything!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

I had an emergency Discectomy and Lamenectomy in June 2011. I was transferred from my local hospital to Toronto Western and although I never met Dr. Tymianski until 6 weeks after my operation, I am eternally grateful. He acted quickly, he did an amazing job and I am now pain free. I didn't care that I never met him before the surgery because his team explained the procedure and answered all my questions, and quite frankly, the pain was so bad, I didn't care who did the surgery. The follow up 6 weeks later was when I met him for the first time and he was pleasant, spent time answering my questions and assured me if I had any issues, I could call his office. Yes, he was 3 hours late for my appointment, but I understand the nature of his job and I expect that he will deal with emergencies before dealing with follow up appointments. I brought a book to pass the time. I cannot say anything bad about this Doctor. He was nothing short of a miracle for me.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2012