Ratings for Dr. John A. Durkan

Dr. Durkan was extremely helpful to me. He took the time to assess me and provided great patient care the entire time! I had knee surgery, and had a quick recovery with no complications! I plan to continue to see him as my orthopedist in the future! A well known and likeable doctor!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

I have severe rheumatoid arthritis and am one of Jehovah's witnesses. I saw four specialists who refused to treat my knee arthritis. Dr. Durkan did knee replacements with minimal blood loss. Now I can walk again without crutches and without pain. He is an excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2009

misdiagnosed bicep tear. spent 3 years in considerable pain until i went to another specialist, who cut loose half of bicep and trimmed torn tendons which were evidently causing the pain.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2008

I was hit by a car and had multiple fractures in my tibial plateau. Durkan spent a total of 3 minutes in the room with me, did not show me my x-rays or ct scans, did not remove the brace to see my knee, nor explain what had happened to my knee. He said to stay in the cast and come back in 3 weeks. I decided to get a second opinion, was reffered to another orthopedic surgeon and he immediately got me into emergency surgery. He couldn't believe that someone would let and injury of this magnitude go like that. I needed my plateau pushed back together with a plate and several screws. Durkan jeopardized my health and well being not to mention my future. He couldn't care less about anyone, it's terrible. I heard alot of bad things about him before meeting with him and I regret not listening to what others had to say. Stay away!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2008

Durkan was extremely rude to me. I had a simple ankle fracture that should have been pinned, according to five other doctors who looked at my x-rays. Durkan refused to discuss surgery, even though I asked. Because of his negligence, I spent 8 months in a cast instead of 4-6 week. This man is an idiot, and should not be practicing.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2007

Dr. John A. Durkan's Credentials

• Spanish

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Top Hospitals in Hood River, OR