Ratings for Dr. James P. Cornell

Dr. Cornell has been my primary doctor for over 10 years. I've found him to be very knowledgeable, helpful, and always willing to give me a referral if needed. In the beginning, it was difficult for me to warm up to him, but over the years, I've developed a deep, trusting relationship with him--he's my doctor for life.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2013

I have seen Dr. Cornell on and off for over 10 years. I have found him to be very knowledgeable and efficient, yet lacking in warmth. At times he rushes through the appointments without even looking at me, other times he was more thorough. I find his manner brusque. He is condescending and impatient at times. I only see him if my regular doctor is out or unavailable. I have observed that he seems to interact with older male patients in a more friendly manner.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2009

Incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. My wife and I have nothing but praise for Dr. Cornell's manner. He always gives us his undivided attention. I have seen many doctors in my 47 years for various conditions and Dr. Cornell rates at the the top of my list for his integrity, sincerity, and honesty. A better doctor you won't find. As stated before, if you just want a doctor to rubber stamp your own self-diagnosis, go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2009

Cornell is my doctor for over 10 years. I am surprised of other peoples negative review. I find Cornell very patient, knowledagable, and careful with his diagnosis. Being the son of a doctor myself, I find that Cornel does not prescribe drugs for no good reason, he would go the natural way as priority before using medication. I like it that way so as not to create many side effects from prescription drugs. You will not like him if you are the type that tries to be your own doctor and only wanting him to give you what you think you needed. Their office is normally not overbooked and therefore I always got my appointment on time.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2009

This doctor was rude and dismissive during the worst illness of my life. He is a "know it all" and doesn't listen. If you are looking for someone who cares, you will be very disappointed by this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2008

I simply needed a letter to my employer about my recommended physical therapy from this doctor, since my own doctor had left the same medical group. I called the practice FOUR times. Cornell returned 2 of my calls, and left messages that were condescending and clearly irritated, saying he didn't understand. WTF? He finally said I'd have to come in for "a followup" in order to get the letter. (I repeat. WTF?) I went in, paid my copayment, talked to another doctor, and walked out with the appropriate letter 2 minutes later. What a waste of sooo many people's time! Cannot recommend.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2008

After seeing Dr Cornell, I found it very strange that someone would have rate him so bad when he really helped me and listened to me! He answered all my questions and what I like most is that when I call for him to return my call he does. I my opinion he is a great Doctor!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2007

considering that I'm still some years away from chronic health problems, I found this doctor to be completely useless in solving any condition that I approached him with! Every time I left his office, I was left bewildered to as why I wasted my time. Don't expect him to volunteer any advice either.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2007

Dr. James P. Cornell's Credentials

• Loma Linda University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)