Ratings for Dr. David H. Goltz

Dr. Goltz operated on the ACL rupture of my daughter's knee after a ski accident. We had excellent experience and results with him and his staff. From the first visit to Mt Tam Orthopedic, to a full recovery on the surgery, our family thinks the quality of the work, of the communication, of the options presented were excellent. The accident happened over a year ago. My daughter Anais experienced a full recovery. She is back in CO skiing with no pain in the knee. Thank you Dr. Goltz.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

Dr. Goltz spends very little time with a patient. Seems put off when you ask questions. With my achilles Heel injury he looks at the scar but never assess my mobility. When I asked for additional therapy time he seemed really put off. I almost had to beg him and I've only had my cast off for six weeks. Usually it's a six month process from surgery. He said I could basically jog, golf, play certain sports. Every blog I read says the opposite. When I asked for him to contact my insurance for additional therapy hours he said, "I don't do insurance I hire people to do it." Beside manners and follow-up with information for the patient is pretty much non-existent. I just hope he is a good cut person. That's all I can hope for at this time.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2011

I had several torn tendons in my shoulder from a fall,rotator cuff. Goltz operated and did not fix the tendon he said he would. Also he actually caused damage in the area where he did operate. I tried to sue for damages but it was not a large enough sum to interest a lawyer. $200,000 which would only have given the lawyer about $60,000. He effectively ended my liveliehood. I was a glassblower for 30 years. I found out after the operation that he could not have performed the repair he said he was going to do at the clinic where I was operated on.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2009

Dr. Goltz may be very competent in the field of sports orthopedics, but his manner leaves a lot to be desired. He is brusque and volunteers little information unless you specifically ask, and he allows little time for questions. For example, when I hurt both my collarbone and my ribs, he looked at the collarbone but refused to answer even the most basic question about the ribs ("I don't do ribs. Go see a thoracic surgeon" was his comment.) I found this defensive posturing extremely unhelpful. Also, when I arrived I was sent for x-rays before I even had a chance to speak to anyone other than the receptionist, even though I brought a set from another doctor. This seems to be the office policy -- x-rays for everyone, whether you need them or not.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2007

Dr. David H. Goltz's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal