Ratings for Dr. Michael Maharry

I had a couple of questions and concerns I wanted to cover at my annual physical. I was curtly informed that a physical is NOT the place to cover such things...that I would need another appointment. Also the "physical" consisted of looking in my ears, throat, feeling my neck and listening to my heart and lungs through my clothing. This was the first physical I've ever had that was essentially "hands off." Now my insurance won't cover another physical for a year and I'm worried since he basically did practically nothing.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2011

Dr. Maharry is very attentive to questions and willingly looks up anything that he thinks will help a patient understand their condition. I would highly recommend him as a GP.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

He's thorough and discusses all options with you. It's obvious he puts a high priority on communication. He often will consult with his colleagues or looks things up to help him with treatment ides, etc. (I think this is a very good thing.) One negative that makes me uncomfortable: he has talked angrily about other doctors/specialists more than once and criticized their decisions. If I didn't already know him I would have thought he was scolding me for listening to these other doctors...I think it was strange and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2007

Dr. Michael Maharry's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)