Ratings for Dr. Melanie A. Sinatra

Dr Sinatra gave me better than expected outcome for my cataract surgery. I am seeing better now that I can ever remember. I had complicated Lazick done just 10 years ago (recommended by another Dr), which quickly turned into bad vision, then into cataracts. The calculations were very difficult for my replacement lenses. It took days for Dr Sinatra to be 100% sure everything was right. I am now amazed at being able to see even better than 20/20! I never expected this after what I went through with the Lazik problems. I was a little nervous during the surgery, but right after I was seeing better and better as the minutes and days went by. Wow, it's so nice to see without glasses for the first time.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Unfriendly staff with the exception of 2 people. Waited over an hour to be seen for a infants appoitment. Took at least 1 person before us when that persons appt was after ours since our issue was minor, which should not matter in the case of a baby. Would not recommend to anyone with children

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

I have a great respect for Dr. Sinatra as an accomplished professional. Had cataract surgery on both eyes with great results.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Dr Sinatra prescribed (or administered) eye drops that caused my mother severe "infection-like" eye irritation. She then prescribed antibiotics. Sinatra did this again and again, never realizing that she was administering a medication to which my mom was seriously allergic. After changing to a retina specialist, were told that Dr Sinatra had improperly installed her cataract lens. Very unhappy.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

Dr. Sinatra is the best. I could not have asked for a better experience. I had cataract surgery and my results are even better than I expected. Dr. Sinatra is highly skilled and I would recommend her without a doubt.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I visited the Doctor's office for a yearly exam to possibly get a stronger contact lens prescription. I was brought into a room, had a machine get my prescription which was then confirmed by the nurse on staff. Doctor then examined my eyes for a number of possible diseases. I was treated well, but one thing to consider is that there is a part of the exam which requires you to wait for your eyes to dilate. I was in the office for a total of an hour and a half because of this. Service was good enough to continue coming back yearly. I did not experience a billing problem as many people seem to have

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Visiting Dr. Sinatra was am eye opening experience for me. From the minute I entered the front door I experienced five star service. The staff and Doctor really care about the patient. Her surgical skills are exceptional!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

YES, THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT MONEY!!! Do not go to this doctor if you do not want billing problem or damage your credit record!! They filed false claim (to get higher payment) with the insurance company. After being denied, they threatened me to pay the whole amount or damage my credit record. The exam was very done with no attention to details nor compassion.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

I had a great experience at Dr. Sinatra's office. She is very knowledgeable and thorough. Her staff is professional and efficient. I highly recommend Dr. Sinatra.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

This office has the worst billing of any doctor or other professional that I have known. Even though I had been here once before for an eye exam with no payment issues, they made me pay in cash for this visit saying that they would reimburse me when the insurance company paid them (they told me that they accepted my insurance company ahead of time). They then made me wait for over an hour past the time of my appointment. It turns out my plan is NOT accepted by Ms. Sinatra and I ended up paying the whole tab. Three months later they send me a bill for money they claimed was not fully paid by the insurance company for my visit of 2 years ago. Money which I know was paid. The staff refuses to discuss the issue except to say that their office changed their billing software.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2014

Dr. Melanie A. Sinatra's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1991)

HealthPartners