Ratings for Dr. Debra K. Higginbotham

Excellent attentive and great friendly staff. I did have to wait a while but it was worth the wait to have my needs met

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

An ability to rate your MD occurs when the patient is in crisis, rather than with routine scheduled appointments. The office would not fill a recently expired medication for a routine UTI (refill expired less than 3 weeks ago). I left several messages, and could only speak to the staff once they finally picked up the phone. Linda Montano, the office manager, even gloated how she encouraged the other staff member to hang up on me...unbelievably unprofessional. I was frustrated because no one would return my calls, and they would not believe there even was a refill offered for this prescription. I went to the office with documentation from the pharmacy, that the original script, indeed, included one refill, which the office refused to acknowledge. I will never return to this office, and will seek an office that has a nurse that can at least triage calls when a crisis arises.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Rude, condescending and inappropriate remarks in front of other clients. Trying to advocate for my needs with cancer and was shot down. She is fired !!!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

My grandmother was just in for possible pneumonia, had an xray last Thursday and is yet to hear back from Higginbotham. Luckily I went to the imaging office and obtained the report to see my grandmother doesn't have pneumonia. How unprofessional. She is an 81 YO woman who could be having worse problems and NOTHING from the doctor! She is VERY UNPROFESSIONAL and RUDE! Looking for another provider.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

First time patient, went for "free" Medicare physical. I eventually was billed & CHARGED. Dr would NOT rebill. The staff was friendly enough but had issues with my insurance work too. Overall, I'm very disappointed with the attitudes of Dr & staff. I will NOT go back!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

I was kept waiting between 50 and 60 minutes on each of my 4 visit. When I finally mentioned it, on my 4th visit, her response was " well, you need to find another doctor." Totally uncaring.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

I am extremely disappointed with Dr. Higgenbotham's staff and her care. Melissa nevers answers the phone. Two weeks ago I phoned twice, at 9:30 and 10:45 am. Melissa phoned back at 4:00 pm to say they had an opening at 4:30 pm. I was at the office until 5:30 pm, the Dr. wrote me two prescriptions, and faxed them to the pharmacist. At the pharmacist only one came through. It was a Thursday and I was to be in an all day seminar Fri to Sun in ABQ. I now had a choice--fax the prescriptioin to Albuquerque. I called the doctor, spoke to Melissa who was put out by my request to have the prescription faxed to ABQ. I had yet another choice, find the pharmacy phone number, call Melissa back and give her the number. My infection still is not gone. I phoned this morning at 9:45 am and no answer. Service and respect are nearly non-existent at this location. Patient care? It makes one wonder.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I would have been a new patient. Her staff members were great. Friendly and prompt. Her nurse was very patient and caring. Dr. Higgenbotham herself was very aggressive and seemed uncaring. She was rushed me through the interview process. She made me feel very uncomfortable and attacked. I felt like I was in an interrogation, not a patient at a medical facility. I quite frankly felt discriminated against as her behavior with other "older" patients seemed to be the very opposite of what was shown to me. She came well recommended from an associate of mine, however I will advise anybody I know to stay away from her.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

My mother had been cared for well by Dr H for many years, but recently I (and the hospice who wants to work with us) have had unprofessional responses from her staff, Melissa, who states the order comes from Dr H, My mother needs hospice in the city we recently moved her to and needed her records that reflect lung issues - she will die of that. They only sent a record of a last visit with did not include that, which means I am unable to share her records with her new physician or get her into much needed hospice. Melissa was rude and hung up on me since I argued this is unacceptable. Stated stated "We have 30 days" and it didn't matter that my mother was very ill now. What mattered was that their office manager was out of town and she didn't care about the impact on my mother's care. I am a nurse and know what healthcare should exact to support patients. The local hospice agrees This is totally unprofessional. DO NOT go to this office.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Higgibotham for years, she has always taken time with me to discuss treatment and options, and referred me to specialist and test when needed. I've found her office usually busy but always professional. I think she is very caring and thoughtful.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Dr. Debra K. Higginbotham's Credentials

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Santa Fe, NM