Ratings for Dr. Harvey E. Smires

Dr Smires is not a `patient`s friend..very arrogant, doesn't smile, doesn't introduce himself, doesn't care his patients are in pain, arrogantly looked at me while saying in a degrading tone..`I'm not giving you any narcotics for pain` 3x!! Makes you feel like your just a dyug addict looking for meds. Even after MRI shows you have legitimate reasons for pain. I will not ever go back to him or refer him to anyone!! Ever! Poor excuse for a Dr who just seems to have extremely big head ego with no compassion or empathy for patients! Horrible unpleasant man!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2014

I made an initial appt for Nov '13 for Right Knee pain. He spent a few mins with me and stated that I need an MRI. MRI was conducted & I had a followup for 12/6, 10:15 AM. As I was running 5 mins behind for my appt, I called the office and they stated no issues. I showed up at 10:25 AM. As I sat there, I saw multiple people come into the office. One by one they were called in. After 55 mins of waiting, I went up to the front and asked when the Dr will see me. I was told, "given that you were late for your appt, once the dr. is done with his patients, he will see you." I asked when might that be? Response was, "it could be 15 mins or an hour, cannot tell you." They could have told me when I called that I will be behind 8 + people if I was a few mins late, I would have simply rescheduled. They did no such thing. After an hour of waiting, I simply left. This is a very unprofessional practice. If one does not value their customer's time, they don't deserve patients.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2013

What a horrible doctor. He allows his glorifed admin, who has no medical training whatsoever cancel at surgery less then 24 hours before it. Can you say patient abandonment?? His bedside matter leaves much to be desired. Its no wondering he is in practice on his own and no longer assosicated with princeton orthopedics, they are they best, they must have realized is isn't. Strongly recommend finding a better doctor then this.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013

I am probably the most skeptical person when it comes to medical practitioners.In my opinion today's trends in Dr's seems to one of either the Dr. has been told he's "the best" so much that they buy into it, Some call this a "God complex".It seems somewhere along the way many Dr's forgot something important, old fashion bed side manner and appear to go out of their way to put distance in the Dr/patient relationship till you feel like you are more so buying car.But you will not find any of this with Dr.Harvey Smires his associates or staff. From the moment you walk into his beautiful new office in Plainsboro NJ, you are greeted by his friendly, polite and nurturing receptionist who will do all she can to make you feel comfortable and it cont.to the one on one consultation with Harvey, they all make you feel human. You feel that they really care about YOU and that was so refreshing.I had my hip replaced a month ago and Dr.Smires, Jason & Al all made me feel like I was their only patient.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2012

This is the 4th time I have had surgery by Dr. Smires all 4 were differant. He did a torn rotator cuff on my right arm, reattached the Torn mussels on my left arm, torn miniscuss on left knee ( at that time he showed me all the artheritus in my knee and told me down the road I would need to have my knees replaced ), and here it is 5 years later and he just replaced both knees with a Oxford partial knee. Tomorrow is 6 Weeks from the date my surgery and I am walking. going up and down stairs, and do almost everything most people do every day. I am still going to therapy to make my knee stronger. I was out taking a walk this morning and and thought about 6 Mos. ago I could not walk 200 ft. Thanks Dr. Smies and staff for giving me back my life. Andy Kish

flag | Submitted July 29, 2012

Dr. Smires is a kind considerate surgeon who is very knowledgeable. He cares for his patients and uses the most up to date technology. I could not have asked for a better surgeon and highly recommend him to anyone looking for an orthopedic surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2012

Dr Smires replaced both Hips & my right Shoulder. The surgeries and the follow-up was just great. I found his interpersonl skills to be wonderful and his care outstanding. His staff shows the same concerns and caring. Dr. Harvey is a doctor not a entertainer which is what some people want. I'll take his medical skills over his entertaining skills any time. My follow-up visits have been the same over the last 5 years.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2011

Dr. Smires performed my knee-replacement surgery. I found him knowledgeable and forthright; no non-sense or over-the-top expectations. He took time to explain the procedure and the after procedure procedures. I had absolutely no problems while others I know who had the surgery performed by other physicians have had extensive, recurring discomfort and problems. His staff is efficient and accommodating; more than willing to perform their duties with professionalism and expediency. I would highly recommend Dr. Smires and his staff to anyone who is seeking excellence and exceptional care.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

My first meeting with Dr.Smires was brief and took less than 3 minutes. He sent his PA in to do paperwork and to drain the fluid from my knee. He never checked back to see how I was. The 2nd meeting was worse. He decided that I required knee surgery to fix my problem. Once he declared this he left the room and the PA appeared with all the paperwork. I was visably and verbally expressed my dissatisfaction with the dr. I understand that this surgery may be routine for him but it is not for me. After voicing my feelings, I believe the dr was in the hallway and heard me, he then returned, sat down and explained the procedure and answered my questions. However, the follow up visit after surgery was a repeat of the 1st and 2nd appointments. He may be a good dr but his bedside manner stinks!!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

Dr. Smires is extremely nice and very knowledgeable. He will not pressure you into anything. I definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2010

Dr. Harvey E. Smires's Credentials

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032 (Grad. 1983)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Jamesburg, NJ