Ratings for Dr. Randall G. Trudell

I first met Dr. Trudell in the fall of 2008. I had been to the E.R. at U.T. hospital with unexplainable symptoms I had never experienced before. I had been admitted on Saturday night. They ran an M.R.I. on Sunday and found I had M.S. When I was discharged, they made me a follow-up appt. with him. At first he was a very serious, doctor. His main concern was to treat my M.S. At the time, I was very scared and depressed. To me just the words M.S. meant wheel chair-quadraparapalegic. I was a mom, and grannymom and I was dying. Dr. Trudell treated my M.S., educated me on what M.S. is and how it works. When the M.S. got to the point I lost my job and was no longer able to work, an extremely kind and understanding social worker who worked in his office helped me by working with me and Dr. Trudell to get my much needed medications which I could not buy while helping me apply for Social Security Disability. With their help, it was approved the first time I applied. This is now July of 2017. I know people should have and speak With great respect to their doctor. But I feel after 9 years, he is not only my doctor but a great friend. So I feel more like I'm talking to family rather than the extremely serious doctor I met Years. ago. He has always taken excellent care of me and until one of us pass over I will continue to see him. He is not only a great doctor of neurogy he knows all there is to know about m.s. I would recommend him to anyone with M.S. but especially a newly diagnosed case.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

I have known Dr. Trudell for many years. My husband and I first met him at the MDA clinic, where my husband was a patient. He is knowledgeable and has a great sense of humor.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Misdiagnosed for 4 years with no testing for MS. Had to change doctors to be diagnosed. Clueless.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

We like Dr. Trudell a lot. Neurology in general has little to offer MS patients, but at least Trudell is honest about that. He is always helpful with suggestions and prescriptions. The big complaint we have is accessibility. We find it outrageous that we have to wait six+ months for an appointment. In September we were told his schedule was full for the remainder of 2014 and he hadn't opened his 2015 calendar. We asked to be notified when 2015 does open. Today I called to follow up, learned that no one noted our request and he is now booked through February of 2015. Getting an appointment with a doctor should not be so out of reach, especially for patients with serious conditions like MS.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

I was recommended to see this doctor (even though I had a Neurologist already), by another Healthcare Provider I see for other purposes. Because this provider has MS and sees this doctor. At the time of visiting my provider for other purposes, I had a adverse reaction to a medication my (at time, first Neuro) put me on. With help of my provider, I was able to see Trudell very quickly. When I first met him, his first question to me was "why did your doctor think it was so important you see me?" I was taken back, stunned & embarrassed. On future visits, the more symptoms I have it seems like the less he & his nurses addressed any of my problems. Just telling me MS has many symptoms. I feel lost & like I'm a burden to his group. I feel uncertain in my disease & questions I have often go unanswered, along with the wait of any results of any procedures I've had. I'm going to begin searching for a new doctor. I'm tired of still suffering & waiting for guidance & answers that aren't coming.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2014

flag | Submitted November 11, 2011

A few years ago after mri and nerve test he said "hell no you don't have MS". My wife has been diagnosed with MS and has been treated by two MS doctors since his misdiagnoses.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2010

Dr trudell has been a very good deformed me I went to him very afraid as my head ct looked like I had brain tumors he found it to be congenital issue with my skull and was very though later he treated me for concussion and again very good and also kind S is his nurse I would and have recommend him and will continue he was also very good with my family as well

flag | Submitted November 4, 2010

Dr Trudell was very helpful and informative about my multiple sclerosis. His nurse was also great. She listened and answered any questions I had.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2010

I found Dr. Trudell a competent and caring professional. He spent time listening to my concerns and provided what I thought was helpful and proactive treatment. You will like him.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2009

Dr. Randall G. Trudell's Credentials

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry (Grad. 1979)