Ratings for Dr. Steven Raterman

Dr. Raterman is a legend. I'm a 47 year old ex-jock doc. Dr. Raterman did my Birmingham a couple days before Christmas 2015. I've gone from being asked if I needed a wheelchair at stores to running with my 6 year old daughter without any limp in 180 days. Dr. Raterman literally gave me a new outlook and I could never thank him enough . I have zero pain. My daughter has a Daddy that can run and play with her now . Dr. Raterman, you're probably too busy to read these but you literally changed my life with your meticulous surgical skills. Thank you.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

He did a fantastic job in replacement of my left hip. The surgery could not have gone better. Dr Raterman is an outstanding surgeon with a remarkable staff. I went to 5 doctors before I went to Dr Raterman and he and his staff blew them all away. It was clear that I was in the hands of a professional. The surgery went like clock work with my schedule set before my operation that included pre-op at the hospital, pre-op physical training, the operation, hospital stay and physical training after. Everyone at the hospital told me of Dr Raterman's expertise and that they seldom see problems with his patient. I really felt like I had chosen the right doctor. Strongly recommend this team of professional.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

Dr. Raterman did surgery on my hip about 2 months ago and i can walk anywhere without any ambulatory device. He did a fantastic job, after the surgery he took care of me and was very helpful. Overall he is a great skilled doctor.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

I've had a few surgeries done by Dr. Raterman. Most of them were successful and uneventful. However, the last one, on my knee was VERY painful, immediately post surgery and for 4 weeks (so far)afterward. I had MAJOR hematoma for the ENTIRE LEG, from groin to toes. Major swelling, bruising, and pain level was a 9+. Dr. Raterman had NO explanation for what had happened to cause this severe trauma to my whole leg, after what should have been a simple arthroscopy/meniscus removal. He acted like he'd never seen such a reaction. He had no explanation, and did not accept any responsibilty for what had happened to me. My leg from the knee down turned BLACK, and I was unable to walk without a walker or cane for 4 weeks. I saw my PCP who prescribed a strong diuretic to bring down the swelling, and pain med. that helped somewhat. I will NEVER go back to Dr. Raterman. He may be a very skilled technician, but, no people skills what-so-ever. I find him to be non-compassionate,+ arrogant.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

My knee surgery was a success! I never pictured the process to be so easy, but him and his support team were amazing. He has given me back my life due to my knee replacement.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

I broke a Tib/Fib at age 28 and thought my active lifestyle would slow down. 3 years after surgery I had the hardware taken out - waited the year for the leg to fully heal. For the last six years, and at age 40 I can play harder than I did at 28! Thank you Dr. Raterman! Walking/Running/Biking/Rock Climbing Active Lifestyle Fan!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

flag | Submitted July 4, 2013

Doctor operated on my knee , put in a partial implant that fell apart with in two weeks when not needed left me a cripple for life

flag | Submitted March 13, 2012

EXCELLENT Surgeon,very pleased with the outcome. Very poor people skills, terrible bedside manner, rushed, and impatient. Following the surgery, during the family consult, he could not be bothered to answer their questions or concerns, only said 3 words, "it went perfect" already turning to walk away before he had finished speaking. Family had to stop him and demand more information. However, if people skills don't matter to you as much as results, I will say he does excellent work, and we couldn't be happier with outcome and fast recovery.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

Had Birmingham hip resurfacing (bilateral) done in 2010. Great outcome, couldn't be happier. Dr. Raterman and Marlena (PA) are the best.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

Dr. Steven Raterman's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Healthnet