Ratings for Dr. Jonathan Levin

Doctor Levin and staff leave a lot to be desired. The Dr himself does not take time and incurrate with records and past history.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Dr. Levin was horrible to me. Told me he had never heard of spinal stenosis causing neuropathic itching. Extremely dismissive and rude. Misogynist? Maybe. Horrible manner. Absolutely.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

Dr. Levin was flexible with my schedule to allow me to come in later than my appointment time. He order exactly what I knew I needed. I got an order for an MRI right away and physical therapy. He did not thrown pain medicine at me and offered me other alternatives. He had great bedside manner and his staff was fantastic. I now feel confident that I will be able to have the ability to live a much more comfortable life after looking more in depth at my problem.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

He has a terrible bedside manner and was rude during the consultations i had.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013

Awful experience from the start. Similar scenario to other posters - Upon first visit he shoved a prescription for110 percocets into my hand. In our next convo he had no record or memory of what my condition was - Mistook wrist for neck/shoulder.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

Agree with all of the previous commenters on here. The staff made sure to collect my copay the second I walked in the office, and told me to "fill out these forms AS FAST AS YOU CAN". What was the rush? I waited over an hour before the doctor actually saw me. When he finally did see me, it was for all of 3 minutes. Bend down, bend to the side, lie down, leg up, leg down, "you have a herniated disk". Never having experienced this issue before, and being in quite a bit of pain for some time, I naturally had some questions. Dr. Levin wanted none of it. As he edged toward the door I asked him how long it would take the pain to go away. He said he couldn't say, but I should take painkillers and exercise, but nothing that aggravates the injury. I said walking is hard for me and I'm having trouble getting through the day. He said take the painkillers. After leaving me a message to call their office, the receptionist told me no one had called me and was very rude and unhelpful. Go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2011

Dr. Levin's words to me upon reading my MRI results? "You've got a back problem." He only reads what the radiologist writes; he doesn't look at the films himself. And it turns out, my MRI reading was not correct. I saw him 3 times, and each time he forgot the primary reason I was there. He shoved in an insane amount of painkillers at me and that was that. I ultimately found an amazing physician who performed surgery 7 months later, and I am thankful every day that I stopped seeing Dr. Levin. Given his office bedside manner - rushed, uncertain, inaccurate diagnosis - I can't imagine what he's like in an operating room.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

Staff made an appointment for me at their Forest Hills Office. When I arrived, a dentist's office staff was there & they advised they had no knowledge of Dr. Lewin, when his name is on a sign in front of the office. A phone call to his office revealed that the appointment was made for the Brooklyn Office. Staff acted as if this mistake was entirely my fault. After driving to Brooklyn, Dr. Lewin advised me that he was on his way out to a funeral and would not see me. I advised him that a series of shots in my back, ordered by him, had left me much worse than when I started & I was in extreme pain. He said I could see another doctor if I wanted. His staff then directed I fill out another set of forms, previously filled out in his Queens office. After waiting for an hour and a half to see any doctor, I walked out without seeing anyone.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2008

All he cares about is rushing you in and out of his office as quickly as possible and collecting your money. After an initial screw up by his staff who sent me to the wrong office location. I was able to get another appt. later the same day after arguing with them. Once in the office, the staff immediately asked for my copay before I even saw the doctor(its obvious where his priority is). When Dr. Levin met with me, he didn't look at all the forms I filled out and didn't even make eye contact with me. I tried to explain about my pain. It seemed like he wasn't even listening. Then he gave me the same basic tests I have had several times.I explained that I just had the same basic tests done a day ago in the emerg. room. He prescribed a pain killer, told me to start using some patch a drug company obviously is pushing him on,he also said get an MRI and to come back in 4 weeks. I said I'm in pain now! He almost left without writing the prescription,he was so rushed to leave the office!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2008

After 3 week wait for my first appointment and a call from Dr.s office confirming my appointment-Dr. abruptly canceled. Staff was unable to explain cancelation and was only able to offer to "fit me in" in another 2 weeks. A five week wait to see a dr.-when one is in pain-is a very long time.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2007

Dr. Jonathan Levin's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

AHC