Ratings for Dr. Irene Kakossian

Dr Kakossian is the only doctor I trust completely. I wish all the doctors were like her. I consider myself lucky to have found true professional, very knowledgeable expert and have her genuine support as I have known Dr Kakossian for over 16 years. She welcomed my daughters into this world absolutely exceptionally. I come from NJ just to see the doctor. It’s hard to find high caliber OB-GYN and Dr Kakossian is true one and I’d recommend her in heartbeat as if you are looking for great quality, compassion, understanding, kind heart and gentle hands- you should look no more - you found the one you need!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2018

I was referred to dr by a friend that was her patient for 10 years and I can not thank her enough!! Dr is very caring knowledgeable, thorough, calm and pleasant . It’s important for me to be comfortable with my gynecologist and I completely trust her diagnostic skills and decision-making The staff is very nice, office is clean and equipped with latest technology Whenever I left a Message with the stuff Dr calls me back either that day or next and takes time answering all my questions ? All of my friends are now her patients and everyone loves her!!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2018

I love Dr. Kakossian. I have been with her for over 18 years. i come in from Staten Island to see her. I sometimes even see her husband when I need to. She has a wonderful PA who I also see. The office staff is warm and caring. I can't imagine anyone else taking care of me. She delivered my son. I love these people. I have only great things to say. They have only done right by me. I trust them with my life. I recommend them to anyone who needs an OB/GYN. If I had a complaint, it can be hard on Fridays to park by the office, and that is alternate side, not the doctor. I cannot say enough good things about them.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2018

This is the worst doctors office I have ever had to deal with and I believe they are way over billing the patients insurance for the procedures. I feel like there is a scam going on here for many reasons. I called numerous times to get results sent to me, and they say they are sending and I don't get them both by mail and fax. I talked with both kim and dina multiple times. They do not pick up the phone it just rings and rings with no machine. What if there was an emergency????? I needed a procedure and dr kakossian said that it might not be her doing it, and i said i would prefer her, since she was the one I had seen and it turns out that she doesn't even preform the procedure according to her desk staff it is her husband, which she never told me. I was also charged double for a pelvic sonogram over what rosetta radiology charges in the city and she missed the polyp and had to do it again. I question everything about this office....and will take it to the better business bureau.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Horrible experience. Terrible experience, humiliated and wasted my time. Disgraceful treatment by staff.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

My daughter moved to NY and needed a doctor. Went to Irene kakossian for initial visit then went back a month later for follow up. Dr suggested blood work but never indicated what lab tests were being ordered. This doctor billed my insurance over $6000 for lab work. The list of tests were ridiculous. She tested for chicken pox, hepatitis, mumps to name a few. These were all things she could've avoided testing if she asked for medical history. I have records of all immunization from childhood. She also pushed unnecessary medication that I told my daughter not to take. . We changed insurance companies in between the two visits. Since our current provider did not cover any of the tests, this doctor submitted a claim to our cancelled insurance over a year later. This doctor only cares about billing insurance to get as much as she can. DO NOT go to this doctor. You will regret it

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

This doctor kept pushing IUDs on me and insisted on giving me an ultrasound when I didn't need one (it was a routine ob gyn check, my first visit to her). She wasn't particularly gentle either, and ended up billing my insurance a ridiculous amount of money. Her billing staff is also extremely rude. Worst doctor I've encountered in years in the city.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Make sure she is in your network in regards to insurance. They might "accept" it, but may not be in network. Call your insurance and see if she is listed. If not, you are looking at a $4K office visit. BEWARE

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME, WAITED OVER AN HOUR AND A HALF , AND WAS NOT ABLE TO HELP ME WITH MY PROBLEM,

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

I love dr Kakossian n dr Khoury both are An amazing team beautiful clean office and staff very helpful n caring !!! Will return

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

Dr. Irene Kakossian's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Kakossian graduated Medical School with Honors and Distinction in 1991. She completed an exchange fellowship program at Columbia University, NY, in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. She graduated as Chief resident in Obstetrics & Gynecology at Lutheran Medical Center, NY. Dr. Kakossian has done extensive research in Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic Surgery for different gynecologic conditions and produced many publications in this field. She was trained by and operated alongside the professor and founder of Laparoscopic Surgery Dr. H. Reich at Columbia University, NY. She lectured at International Conferences of Gynecologic Surgeons in Las Vegas, Miami, Montreal, and Atlanta and demonstrated the latest advances in Laparoscopic surgery in Moscow, Russia. Women’s Health has always been of primary interest of Dr. Kakossian. She created the most rewarding private practice where she enjoys a special bond with her patients while caring for them through pivotal moments of their lives. This brought to light another natural and yet important aspect of any woman’s life: grace and beauty. Having specially trained in many cosmetic procedures, including Botox, Fillers, Laser, and IPL, Dr. Kakossian now addresses her patients’ needs for both Health and Beauty in the comfort a state-of-the-art facility equipped with the latest advances in medical technology. Dr. Irene Kakossian is a fellow of the American College Of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and she is a member of the American Society of Gynecologic Laparoscopy, American Medical Association, and the International Society of Cosmetic Gynecology.

• Russian

• Yerevan Med Inst, Yerevan, Armenia (Grad. 1991)