You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Matthew F. Conigliari

I have been a patient of Dr. Conigliari's since 1999. He has been a god send to me. He told me that I had MS and put me on Copaxone because I had gone to the MS place in Teaneck, NJ and they put me on Betaseron and I wasn't happy with the place and decided to find someone else My friend at the time found Dr. Conigliari practice and I was very happy with him. See, I need someone with a good bedside manner and whom I feel comfortable with and he was all that. He saw the bruises on me from the Betaseron shots and told me I was allergic to that medicine. He also helped me along with a staff member deal with the death of my boyfriend at the time. He took me into another room for me and his staff member to listen. He did see my boyfriend in his clinic so he knew him. I was so happy he had someone that I knew from his staff to talk to me. The only thing that I am unhappy with now is I had to go over his head and a different staff member who does preauthorizations for meds because the staff member was very unprofessional about the situation. I was given wrong information thru them and had to call my ins co to get the meds approved because the staff member put I needed the med for MS which was wrong I needed it for daytime sleepiness. They knew they had to put this because my ins co told me that is what needed to be put on the preauthorization. My insurance co surprise surprise denied the meds. I called them and explained why I needed them and they were very helpful they put down what I said and what the doctors office told and and sent it to the preauthorization dept. I called later on in the day and they told me it was approved till 2017. Wow surprise. I had to do their job. I called and left a nasty message with the staff member not sure if Dr. Congliari told her to put just MS or not but I would hope not since he knew it would be denied because we went thru a similar problem before ins. co denied it and then they appealed it and put the right information on it and it was approved. I feel Dr. Congliari and the staff member knew better with this last medication where I had to get it done myself. There are only a couple of office staff people that do their jobs but as for the others I feel they are very rude and disrespective and don't do their job. They are not professional when they should be. I have complained about this but it was just brushed off. This is not good for business and if I didn't like Dr. Congliari so much I would be gone but like I said before I have been with him since 99 and I don't want to leave him. I deal with the staff even though I don't like them.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Definitely a quirky weird guy. Will dictate in front of you during the exam several times. But he's very knowledgable and found very serious conditions that were not neurological. He knows a lot about Lyme disease and helped me quite a bit. He even found a rare cancer in my bone marrow. Office staff is terribly rude. But will tolerate them to see a dr whom knows his stuff. Will call you personally with test results rather quickly.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2014

I have had MS for about 40 years, and have been the patient of 7 neurologists in that time. Dr. Conigliari is the best. He is a fine clinician, very thorough, and communicated well with me and my internist during a period when they needed to find the cause for my symptoms. I was very impressed with his ability and willingness to share information with me. I trust him. Based on this experience he will be my neurologist from now on.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2013

I left his office in tears...not because of the medical issue but because I was exposed to such a horrible medical experience. He came across as extremely arrogant, flippant, dismissive, passive aggressive and distracted. When asking questions or speaking to me, he spoke in a snide manner. His unprofessionalism and negative demeanor was astounding!! I would not recommend him on any level to anyone. He not only was rude to me...but to his office staff as well. No wonder they were so unpleasant.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2012

This man was extremely rude, dismissive and degrading.He clearly had his own agenda to stick to so he spoke over me and didn't allow me to answer the questions asked. He actually answered some questions himself and later reported this inaccurate info to my doc.I asked him to slow down and allow me to answer, he continued to speak over me as if no one else was in the room.It was bizarre.He assumed certain info and came up with some quick diagnosis,that was again inaccurate based on medical reports and offered medication that he had no interest in discussing with me.He was mocking towards my compromised neurological functioning and had no interest in hearing anything I had to say.He then took out a recorder and dictated his letter to my doc while I sat there providing inaccurate info.This man is pompous and arrogant and it was apparent that there was not enough room in his dirty office for me, his huge ego and himself.Someone like this should not be allowed to interact with the public!!!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2010

This man was clearly in a rush while being dismissive, rude and patronizing.He wanted nothing to do with patient interaction and assumed he knew the situation with limited info, even answering the questions he was asking me.When I asked him to allow me to answer and to slow down his rate of questions,he simply continued to talk as if no one else was in the room or had spoken.It was very bizarre and demeaning and obvious he was sticking to an agenda.He promptly suggested medication with no discussion of diagnosis or reason and became indignant and mocking when questioned.When I told him how I felt about his behavior he was flippant and erogant.He recorded his dictation of a letter to my doctor with me sitting there.Some of the info was inaccurate as it came from his answers, not mine.He had no reaction to my apparent upset, but reacted with surprise when I didnt shake his hand.No wonder insurance is so high.Money was wasted at my emotional and physical expense.He should feel ashamed!!!!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010

My father was seen by Dr.Conigliari two days after being at Morristown Memorial for visual disturbances and confusion. He fit him in on a very busy day, did an EEG when his office was booked, called me at 8 am to tell me he needed an MRI, his office arranged the MRI for me immediately( and they are fabulous!), and before we even got home from having the MRI..Dr. Conigliari called on the cell to tell us my dad had a significant stroke. I can't even say enough good things about him...but, great, great, great!! This is a man who followed his calling.....and my family was the lucky recipient of his grace.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2010

Phenomenal Doctor...Dr. Conigliari was on call when I went to Morristown Memorial ER...through diligent follow-up, he was able to determine my seriously debilitating problems were related to rare tick-born co-infection of erlichiosis and babesiosis, though negative for Lyme's. Cured me 100% and I am forever grateful.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Conigliari's for almost 8 yrs. now. I had a stroke in October 2001 and was brought to Morristown Memorial Hospital ER. The ER doctor did not even yet call for a neuro consult when Dr. Conigliari happened to be in the ER for another patient. He diagnosed my stoke instantly (not easy since it's not common for 38 yr. old's to stoke). With his expertise I was able to recover almost 100%. Some call it fate that he was in the ER that day. I call him my guardian angel. He has been watching over me since and has always been there when I needed him. I could never Thank Dr. Conigliari or his staff enough for all they do. How fortunate to have such caring people in our lives.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2009

Dr. Conigliari and his office run in unisom. He has wonderful bedside manners. He schedules enough time to sit down with you and answer all of your questions. He even has a sense of humor! Appointment times have always been +/- 5 minutes from the scheduled appointment time. If ever my appointment time needs to be changed, the doctor himself calls me. I agree with the first "rater" of this doctor, he does call you back quickly and with your results etc. -- even if you don't call looking for them, he calls you with the results. A+ Dr. Conigliari -- keep up the good work!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2008

Dr. Matthew F. Conigliari's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1994)

Updates

• A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Conigliari's since 1999. He has been a god send to me. He told me that I had MS and put me on Copaxone because I had gone to the ..."

December 7, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=129673'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.1

February 22, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=129673'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.2

February 5, 2014