Ratings for Dr. Jan De Waal Smith

I had a hysterectomy by him with incision. Scar is healing great, barely noticeable. Very kind.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

My daughter was breach and small and was referred to him for my c-section. I loved the ultrasound every time I went to his office it was nice to see baby. He actually predicted my daughter to be 5.5lbs or 6 lbs when she will be born but she was small she was only 4.15 when she was born but perfect healthy. I thought he did a great job stapling me up and my scar healed very nicely. Overall I would 100% recommend him. No complaints.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

Delivered my first baby via cesarean. Was a great experience, i left hospital 48 hrs later confidently... and healed quicker than most dr's expect. My scar is hardly noticeable and I'm positive all of the above is because he is an excellent doctor. He is also very kind and always happy to answer any questions I may have. He is scheduled to deliver baby #2 tomorrow and i feel very lucky to have him again!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

Amazing experience. Friendly, respectful, great beside manner. this experience was consistent for each visit. iud, quick diagnosis of a problem and surgery. The surgery happened on aThursday, home Friday, minimal pain, quick follow up. minimal incisions. Very happy

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

This doctor is amazing. His bedside manner is excellent and he always has smile on his face. I had a hysterectomy on Tuesday and on Saturday I am already out in my yard doing light gardening and am not even needing pain killers!!!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

Great Dr!! Was so friendly and professional and made me feel at ease. So nice having the ultrasound equipment in his office to see my baby. So glad I was referred to him for my complicated pregnancy.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

Dr. Smith is wonderful. I highly recommend him. I am so grateful that he is my OB/GNY.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

Dr Smith is my favorite doctor! I have recently moved to Osoyoos and am considering coming back to Chilliwack when I get pregnant again just so he can deliver my baby. I have tons of medical issues and I require a csection with any births I have. Dr Smith took me on as a high risk patient and saw me every 4-6 weeks to make sure I was doing okay. He let me see my baby on the ultrasound to make sure he was okay. He was very sympathetic to issues I had during pregnancy. As for the csection delivery, he is very professional, listened to my needs and followed up with me diligently in the hospital. I respect him so much and appreciate everything he has done for my family. Best doctor ever! Thanks again Dr Smith for everything!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2012

Dr. Smith ended up delivering my baby in 2006. baby had cord wrapped around next and needed out fast. Had to do with forceps. He delivered him quickly and safely. I ripped terribly and he did an amazing job with the stitching...No scarring and you wouldn't even know today that I delivered a baby. Excellent bedside manner as well. If you live in Chilliwack and need to see an OBGYN, he is the one to go to hands down

flag | Submitted May 24, 2012

Dr.Smith did my hysterectomy, and it was great. I had hardly any pain after and my recovery was awesome. He was also very helpful and thoughtful when it came to my fears of having the surgery...hands down he is the best :)

flag | Submitted June 7, 2010