Ratings for Dr. Iris S. Ascher

Extremely unprofessional in a family therapy situation. was very devisive. She played one family member against the other.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2008

Dr. Ascher treated me over a 4 year period and I found her to be an insightful, intuitive, original and yet practical therapist. I think of her with personal fondness, and as the most challenging, (but not threatening) psychiatrist Ive worked with, among several. Neither exclusively conventional nor radical, she was candid, appropriate and offered unexpected insights: I found her helpful in addressing longterm issues as well as short term crisis. I think Dr. Ascher is unusually suited, by disposition or training, to engage fully, yet carefully with her clients, and my experience was that working with her was to enter into a full relationship that many psychiatrists claim, by few engage as she does. It has been some time since my last session, but if I were to see her on the street today I believe I would feel no awkwardness or distance, but instead experience a warm reconnection to a valued acquaintance, who skillfully and carefully helped me to better understand myself.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2007

Dr. Iris S. Ascher's Credentials

• A Einstein Coll Of Med Of Yeshiva Univ, Bronx Ny 10461 (Grad. 1971)