Ratings for Dr. Scott Cousins

We've been a patient of Dr. Cousins for at least four years. He has the very best "Fellows" on his staff and the very best techs. He is aware of everything that is happening with his patients. He tells you everything he sees. He answers all your questions. He gives you as much time as you ask or need. Don't expect to sit around and talk. He is a busy and caring man. I don't think we could find a better eye doctor. My husband was going blind. He can now see. Every visit a little bit better. Thank you Dr Cousins. You are the best.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

Very poor service for a place rated so highly. No bedside manners. Did not help my wife at all. He had other people doing his work. He would cme in last and look at results. Very unprofessional. We will not go back to this doctor. He never did any treatment on my wifes eyesight.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2012

Dr. Cousins is very intelligent, has all the right training and Duke has made him out to be the greatest. The only thing missing is his bedside manner, and the fact he does not do his own procedures. My father was a professor at Duke, Dr. cousins does not slow down to answer any questions, unless you are going to donate a large amount of money to the Eye center. We did not spend any time with him, but waited 4 hours in his clinic for his fellow to do the procedure!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2009

I accompanied my mother to visit this physician and felt the quality of the experience was very poor to be Duke Eye Center. I have had good experiences there in the past. I felt this doctor was in a hurry and had a very arrogant manner. He did not take time to listen to my mother or to make sure that she heard what he was saying. I also felt that I had to ask questions to prompt him to be thorough in his examination of my mom. I would not chose this physician again nor recommend him to others.I also feel concerned about what he is teaching the fellows and residents in the Macular Degeneration Clinic.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2007

Dr. Scott Cousins's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal