Ratings for Dr. Gregory Teas

If you like talking to a doctor that never looks at you then Dr. Teas is the psychiatrist for you. He shows no concern for your condition. He is extremely quick to prescribe many medications without asking the important questions. He is the boss at St. Alexius Behavioral Health. It's hard to believe that this doctor is the boss of other psychiatrists. There are far better doctors out there that are in the area.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Please stay away from this Dr. His license should be revoked. He over medicates, sees patience for 20 min, prescribes meds, and doesn't help at all. My brother lays in bed all day, cannot function and has now turned to alcohol as well. I reached out to Dr teas, met with him and asked him to save my brothers life. He is doing the exact opposite and killing him one day at a time and he will not return my phone call. Stay away if you or a loved one need real help. Seek a true professional that cares.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

According to Teas' medical records, he thought my concerns of prior medical errors were "delusions" requiring lifelong drugs. According to all my medical records, I had a "bad fix" on a broken bone covered up with a bad drug cocktail. The ADRs and withdrawal symptoms of this resulted in a bipolar misdiagnosis (according to Teas' "holy" DSM). This resulted in a "Foul up," an extremely adverse reaction to Rispedal. I was then poisoned via known drug interactions that caused anticholinergic intoxication, prior to being finally weaned off the drugs. I then suffered from lithium withdrawal, so was unnecessarily shipped by doctors wanting to cover up the prior medical errors to a Dr. V R Kuchipudi. Please read about Kuchipudi's maltreatment of patients: http://www.justice.gov/usao/iln/pr/chicago/2013/pr0416_01a.pdf http://projects.propublica.org/checkup/providers/1345809 The psychiatric industry is shameful for covering up malpractice, as is Dr. Teas.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

Worst doctor a patient can ever have. The good reviews are by people getting the drugs they want, not need. Arrogant, poor listener, money/power hungry Dr. Misdiagnosed since 18 finding out the truth 10 years later, given every psychiatric drug or very close in the book in various dosages that didn't add up. I was a walking drugged out zombie for no reason. 'Five' medical questions and you're diagnosed. The more medicine prescribed and the higher the mgs the more money and incentives this man and other doctors get. Way to go Big Pharma! Diet, exercise and lifestyle predict how your brain will function, not external unnatural chemical compounds that are not made for the body to handle.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2013

I have had enough. Dr. T yawns and types while you are telling him "what's been going on". He seems bored with the process of healing. While pleasant, he gives very little feedback, and only pushes meds, and shuffles you out of his office in 15 minutes. His staff returns calls 2-3 days later, and in one case during a crisis, they nor the Doctor ever called back. This was a very disappointing choice.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2009

I saw this Dr last in 1997 when he refused to see me anymore as I was going on Medicare and he refused to take Medicare. He also pushed meds. and didn't try to get to the root of my problem. I wouldn't recommend this Dr.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2008

Dr. Teas is what a psychiatrist should be. He will do whatever it takes to treat your symptoms. He is not afraid to use MAOI's like many other doctors. Dr. Teas is also an Addictionologist, so he is the guy for drug dependency and addiction treatment. I wish I had more time, but you will not be disappointed with Dr. Teas!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2008

I am an RN, and find him very patient and knowledgeable,and would recommend him to most.He is my Dr,as well.I can see that for ECT, it might be different,as I have not had that experience as a pt.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2008

I had never seen Dr. Teas until he gave me ECT. He never said hello, and while he was getting ready for the treatments, he and the anesthesiologist joked around about their golf game. I was very offended and amazed that he couldn't even pay attention to me for the few seconds before I was put under, and actually acknowledge me and the scary procedure I was about to go through. I would never go to him for anything after that.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2007

Very difficult to talk for for a Psychiatrist. Does not listen to patients needs and makes assumptions before listening completely.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2007

Dr. Gregory Teas's Credentials

• Loyola Univ Of Chicago Stritch Sch Of Med, Maywood Il 60153 (Grad. 1974)

MVP Health