You may also like

Rate Dr. Melrose I. Blackett

Dr. Melrose I. Blackett's Ratings

I would never recommend this provider to anyone!! His office staff is SUPER SLOW, RUDE, inappropriate, disorganized, and my insurance provider informed me that they tried to commit fraud by refusing to reimburse me money ($1200) that I paid to them but never owed because they keep horrible records. On 2 separate occasions, I recieved appointment reminders for the WRONG DATE AND TIME. Additionally, the Dr. Refused to follow my birth plan outright and the hospital I chose to deliver at was switched at the last minute to fit the schedule of the Dr. Please take your time and find a better doctor. Dealing with this doctor's office was the worst part of my entire pregnancy!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2895495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Blackett since 2004. He delivered all three of my children. I love him, Hope, and the rest of the staff! Keep up the good work!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2869879].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

I actually love the staff and the Nurse, Ms. Hope! They are the only thing that makes this place tolerable. Dr. Blackett was my doctor for 2 pregnancies, and I refuse to let him be my OB for my 3rd. He has HORRIBLE bedside manner. He also thinks he has a right to dictate what you can & can't do. Sorry, but I hired YOU! My body, my uterus, my baby, and my money! His job is supposed to involve making sure my pregnancy is healthy, the baby healthy, and ADVISE me on the pros & cons of my OPTIONS!!! He is cut happy! Loves Cesareans! Pretends to support breastfeeding, only to prove otherwise after the baby's born. AND he thinks he has a right to cut your baby's healthy intact genitals for no reason. Seriously, lets pretend for a moment that I was ok with circumcision... He's my OB, not my son's pediatrician! After my son is born, my child is not his concern anymore! But he enjoys anything that makes him extra money! You're nothing but a paycheck to him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2865465].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Melrose Blackett is an absolute jerk. Treated my daughter like dirt between his toes.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2800886].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Dr. Melrose Blackett is the best OB/GYN I've ever had!!! He is very straight forward and thoroughly explains every detail. I recently had a major surgery and Dr. Blackett was very kind, my family is comfortable with him. He will not beat around the bush or sugar coat things, he has great bedside manner and will take the time necessary to explain things. I recommend Dr. Melrose Blackett to everyone!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2732389].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

My sister is seeing this doctor now with her first child. My mother is the only help she has to keep her at ease while going through this tough pregnancy and the doctor is very rude and condescending while speaking to patients. Blackett hates for you to ask questions and make you feel very uncomfortable. My sister is with her first child and this pregnancy is a HIGH RISK pregnancy and he has allowed her to walk in pain for 35 wks before recommending her to a specialist. I am very disappointed in the treatment from this doctor's who has been in the field since 1986. He cuts you off makes gestures and speaks down to you as of you are stupid when we are just as EDUCATED as he. I can respect a good doctor that says I don't have the answer but let me recommend someone that does verses allowing her to be in all of this pain with her first born. Go to the specialist to find out she should have been in his office because now her life is on the line. It's killing me now to write this review but I have to because someone has to know of the treatment here. Check the reviews and you will see that they all have something in common. Treat people how you want to be treated because someone birthed you as well Blackett.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2661400].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 23, 2014

Worst experience I have ever had dealing with a medical "professional". I was told my decision to have a natural labor and delivery was (verbatim) "barbaric" and he did not understand why I wanted to go through that pain. I am sorry, the last time I checked, childbirth is a painful thing. There is no choice in this matter. If you do not get on board with what Blackett says, expect to be spoken down to, disrespected and bullied. The staff was not terrible, but with their unfriendly nature, they left a lot to be desired. I was so worried that he would not respect my wishes for a natural childbirth that I stayed home until I was well into transition. I am an educated person who is well aware what to expect through this process and I tried to be respectful of his professional opinion, but at the first chance of variation of his plan for my birth I was met with harsh treatment. Childbirth is a beautiful and natural event. It is not a medical emergency needing to be dealt with and it is not meant for someone else's timeline. Do not go to this doctor. He is awful.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2588047].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

I'm glad the there is a no kids policy. I am there to get seen in a clean quite place without kids crying and bouncing all over the place. The doc may be very direct but I appreciate that no nonsense bedside manner. I see him every other visit and nurse in between . I love the ladies working there always smiling and friendly. I'm due in 2 weeks and hope he his in call to deliver my baby.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2572040].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Terrible doctor! I wouldn't recommend him to anyone! I unfortunately have to stick with him for a little while longer due to how far long I am in my pregnancy. The e staff here is stuffy and it almost feels like you're bein herded in and out like cattle after ridiculously long wait times. Once you do get the see Dr. Blackett (which is a are occasion) his bedside manner is terrible, he is very condescending and acts as if he is always in a rush to to be somewhere else. He is very unconcerned with any questions or complications you may have and thinks tylenol extra strength is the cure to all pregnancy problems you may have. I'm so ready to be done with this doctor. It has been a horrible experience from start to present.see

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2517246].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

Long wait times. Staff is rude and unfriendly.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2469759].votes_count ]]