Dr. Richard S. Nachwalter

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Richard S. Nachwalter

great doctor would recommend to everybody,great staff and the doctor was kind, knowledge and makes you feel at ease.Every thing went smoothly and i am feeling much better and i cant thank him and his team enough

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

My experience with Dr.Nachwalter was phenomenal, to say the least. Before treatment, I led a life that consisted of sleepless aching nights, numb fingertips and excruciating neck and back pain that kept me from living a regular life and comfortably fulfilling basic everyday activities. Scheduling an appointment with Dr. Nachwalter was the best decision I made. The whole process went smoothly. As the days progress I'm feeling better and better. The pain that I once felt in my neck and shoulders is now minuscule. Surely I'm feeling like my old self, from before the accident and can finally look forward to a good nights rest! I want to thank Dr. Nachwalter a million times and would recommend him to anyone and everyone.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2018

I had a great experience with Dr Nachwalter. Once the problem was identified, I was able to get into surgery in 5 days. The surgery and recovery went exactly as planned, and the Dr was a great asset through the process.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

Dr. Nachwalter performed surgery on my lower back recently. It was a very delicate and intricate fusion. I found him to be very professional and very open to any questions about the procedure. He and his staff were knowledgeable, cooperative and very helpful throughout the entire process. My prognosis to return to normal activities is excellent. I would recommend him to anyone at any time.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2018

Dr. Nachwalters treatment has brought feeling to my fingers, removed the throbbing pain into my upper back/arms and most of a normal sleep pattern. I am looking forward to future visits and direction.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

I came to Dr. Nachwalter in severe pain from a bulging herniated disc. The pain was keeping me from living my life. My first appointment was scheduled quickly. When I went for my appointment he proceeded to tell me I needed surgery. He was kind and very knowledgeable and made me feel safe going ahead with this procedure. He told me when I woke up I would feel instantly better then I did before and he was right!!! I would recommend Dr. Nachwalter for any of ur spinal or orthopedic needs. Him and his staff are attentive, quick and kind. He gave me my life back. 👍🏻

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

I was recently diagnosed with a severely herniated disc in my L5 /S1 Lumbar. I was in excruciating pain down my entire left leg and unable to stand or sit. Dr Nachwalter performed a micro-discectomy within a few days of seeing my MRI results. Within minutes after the procedure in the recovery room, the pain in my left leg was completely gone! I would recommend Dr Nachwalter without hesitation.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

When I went to dr Nachwalter was in so much pain and . He is a friendly doctor . My surgery went great now just recovering no more pain. Thanks to dr. Nachwalter... I can walk without shooting pain down my leg or side hurting .. he is a great doctor

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

After being in a car accident 7 years ago and having numerous injections Dr Nachwalter was able to give me a solution. When I first saw him I was not in tremendous pain so I decided not to do surgery. He did not pressure me one way or another. However after 6 months the pain returned and I was unable to avoid surgery. The staff and he were extremely helpful in explaining what was to take place. I am now recovering and I can't believe I waited so long. The only pain I have left is from the surgery which deminishes everyday!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

doctor Nachwalter found that I had been walking around with a fractured spine for three years something several other doctors overlooked. Doctor Nachwalter performed a fusion surgery on me on 8/18/2017 and not even a month after the surgery I am able to walk and stand with out fear and pain for the first time in three years. Thankyou.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Dr. Richard S. Nachwalter's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Nachwalter is an orthopedic spine surgeon with more the 15 years of experience specializing in all disorders of the spine. He is fellowship trained in orthopedic spine surgery and holds a subspecialty fellowship in spinal surgery. Dr. Nachwalter is the author of two spine book chapters in press as well as four articles in peer review journals regarding spinal surgery and several abstracts. He has presented over 40 medical presentations and poster exhibits and has participated in course faculty. Away from his practice, he maintains ties to current research and practices through his memberships in the North American Spine Society, The American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery, The New Jersey Orthopedic Society and the Medical Society of New Jersey. Dr. Nachwalter has also been the recipient of numerous Healing Hand Awards and ACE awards. Currently, Dr. Richard Nachwalter is involved cutting edge spinal surgery at Morristown Medical Center, by serving as Chairman of the Spine New Technology Committee. He also serves on the Spine Steering committee and on the Orthopedic advisory committee. He has extensive experience in both surgical and nonsurgical management of spinal disorders. He utilizes minimally invasive techniques, microscopic surgical techniques, and traditional surgery as well. All conservative measures are exhausted before surgery is considered.

• English

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

• Healing Hands Award