Ratings for Dr. Michael M. Taba

Staff is INCOMPETENT. Medicare patients are all on one day. TYPICALLY wait 2.5 hours for a 9:00 appointment. Doctor sees you for only 30 seconds, I timed it! Medication prescriptions are NEVER refilled on time. After seeing him for 5 years I gave up. I actually liked him as a person and surgeon but I cannot put up with all this.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

The problem is not with the doctor. The staff is absurdly incompetent. They lie to cover themselves and blame others for not doing their job. They don't know who you are from one minute to the next, are disorganized, and days behind on everything. I think they schedule twice as many patients in a day as they should, thus leading to intolerable wait times. I will continue with this doctor through this injury, but unfortunately, I don't have time to train his staff and do their job for them, so I will have to find another doctor for any other issues.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Very good doctor.I had knee pain and after his initial evaluation Dr Taba did not recommend surgery but gave me a cortisone shot to see if that would correct the problem.Only when that didnot work did he schedule surgery.Surgery went very smoothly and I am now pain free.Dr Taba did an excellent job in explaing what he was going to do and the steps required for my recovery.I am very satisfied with Dr Taba.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2009

I was the second patient to arrive that morning,45 minutes later the doctor showed up and I got to wait another half hour before I was let back to an exam room. 15 minutes later the doctor walked in, barely said a word, did not make any eye contact, and walked out after 5 minutes and forgot his promise to do more xrays and check for developing arthritis. On other visits I have waited a long time but this was the worst, and the least helpful he has been. He did let me get away without having surgery though and I appreciate that.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2009

Listens and uses patient input. Spends adequate time explaining options and effects. Starts with conservative options and escalates treatment depending on outcomes. Leaves surgery as last option when all else fails. Excellent surgeon with timely and caring follow-up.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2008

THIS DOCTOR EXPLAINED THE STATE OF MY KNEE AND TRIED CONSERVATIVE TREATMENT FIRST AND LEFT THE TIMING OF THE REPLACEMENT UP TO ME. HE IS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND HIS OFFICE IS ALWAYS FULL OF PATIENTS THAT SWEAR BY HIM OR WERE REFERRED BY OTHER FAMILY AND FRIEND TO HIM AS THE BEST. I AM RECOVERING FROM MY TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENT AND EVERYTHING WITH THE KNEE IS HEALING ON SCHEDULE. I AM GLAD I WAS REFERRED TO HIM AND WOULD REFER HIM TO OTHERS.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2007

Dr. Michael M. Taba's Credentials

• Brown University Program In Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Delta Dental