Ratings for Dr. Roger G. Amigo

Staff very rude. Voice mail message sounds threateningood that if you leave more than one message they will punishave you by making you wait even longer for a call backnowledge. You NEVER get a live person to talk to.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

I have had Dr. Amigo for several years now due to lots of Kidney Stines. I can say he can always be reached in an emergency , and if you have ever had a Kidney Stone you know how vital that is. He is Plesant , gives you options when there are options and helps you make the best choice. At times, his office runs slow , very slow But when it is your turn, he doesn't Rush you along, gives you al the time you need to ask and answer questions. I've been to lots of different doctors, and I can tell you you would be happy to have him as your Urologist

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

I've been working with Dr. Amigo for about 5 years or so. He has always been considerate and willing to give the bad news with the good. A straight up no nonsense kind of guy! I can see why some may not like his style, but facing things up front has always been the best approach for me. Having someone tell you what you want to hear is a very bad plan if you have health issues!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

My husband was diagnosed w/kidney stone, requiring intervention. Dr Amigo recommended lithotripsy. My husband was well taken care of and we feel that our concerns/questions were more than adequately addressed. Being a nurse, I had more than my share of questions for him and he answered them all directly. I would highly recommend this hard working surgeon to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2011

Condescending would not help the uninsured, would not refer me to anyone who would. very disheartening!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2010

I was referred to Dr Amigo in December of 2005 after learning that an xray detected possibly Renal Cell Carcinoma(Kidney Cancer). Dr. Amigo answered all of mine and my wife's questions he was very thorough made sure by having a CT and MRI and a bone scan done to make sure the cancer had not spread. The tumor was between size of golf ball and tennis ball in my right kidney. Dr Amigo took his time explained what choices I had. The quickest and most logical was surgery to remove the kidney. On February 15 2005 I had my surgery at Dr's West. Dr Amigo used an epidural so that during my 3+ day recovery in the hospital I would start healing with minimal pain. I have had follow up visits every 6 months since the surgery and to this date I am still cancer free. Dr. Amigo was wonderful to wife and family during the surgery he had a nurse come out and keep them posted throughout the procedure. I have found his bedside manner to be exceptional and consider him a very good doctor.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2010

I went to the ER for kidney stones and was later admitted in the hospital due to complications. During the surgery, Dr. Amigo inserted a stent that was needed to be taken out at his private office 7-10 days later. After I was discharged from the hospital, I was told by his nurse that I needed to pay $750 (I do not have insurance) for me to have my stent removed with no payment plan option whatsoever. I later went back to the ER today because I was not able to pay for the $750 fee in one payment. The ER doctor called Dr. Amigo and he told the ER doctor that he told me that I will have financial responsibilities if a stent is put in and that he is not able to do anything for me. I knew I had to pay to see him; however, he never said that the "financial responsibility" would be $750. This Dr is rude and inconsiderate. His bedside manners are horrible. He simply wanted to leave so that he can move on even if my questions were not fully answered. He just continued to cut me off.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2009

Dr. Amigo is a very competent physician and Urologist/Surgeon. My wife and I have been patients of his for a number of years with very positive results. I/We would not consider searching for a different Urologist. He knows what he is doing. He responds to questions with truthful and professionas answers. Dr. Amigo has always been willing to explain the diagnosis, treatment options and prognosis with me and my wife. This physician is great!!!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2009

Rude, arrogant and inconsiderate. He made me wait 5 weeks for positive results that I needed surgery for. I of course went to a different surgeon!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2009

Dr. Roger Amigo is one of the worst doctors I know of. He was late for my surgery,he was very unconcerned about me.I had problems after surgery. I had to be scheduled for additional surgery and during the first surgery he did not let my family know about my condition.When they checked with the receptionist,they were told that he had been out there to talk with them and that was not true.The other surgery,I did not hear from him or see him before,during or afterwords.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2009

Dr. Roger G. Amigo's Credentials

• Ohio University Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Veterans Administration