Ratings for Dr. Richard Duncan

This is my second child I am having with Durham OB. I have had great experiences with the other doctors. Dr Dunkin was very unprofessional. As other reviews have said. He never looked me in the eye through my whole appointment . Then Proceeded to give me information about my pregnancy that was false and misleading. I was asking questions and he never answered one, he just stayed looking in his computer , said I need to see you back in X amount of weeks. I do not like the way he left me feeling. I am also praying he is not the doctor duty when I give birth.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2013

This is the 3rd doctor I visited at Durham OBGYN since they rotate doctors. You can tell he is in a rush to get us out of here. He's answers were short and did not explain things well. This is my first pregnancy and ofcourse there are many things I do not know and he made me feel stupid for asking some of the questions. I do not recommend seeing him. However Dr. Jarvis and Dr. Mclaurin were both very nice.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

Dr. Duncan had to share difficult news about our unborn child with me and my husband. He was unable to look me in the eye (worse, his eyes were on my chest of all places), could not give us clear answers, and left us more confused and uncertain than ever. I put in a request with the practice never to see him again, and have my fingers crossed that he will not attend my delivery.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2010

Dr. D has a great bedside manner... he's very sensitive to patient needs and has a helpful solution for most requests. Prolly one of the most pop docs ad Durham OB and for a good reason... he's good and makes patients feel at ease!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2009

Dr. Duncan was very personable and professional. I found he knew more than other OB/GYN doctors I had gone to.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2007

I found Dr. Duncan to be very knowledgeable, understanding, practical, and helpful. He delivered my child and is my GYN as well. The delivery went wonderfully - he was very good. He also works well with the other staff and cheered me on quite well in the room such that he told me I was the "pusher of the week"! I found this positive encouragement really helped me view the act of labor as a physical feet that I had some control of, rather than something that took control of me. I think Dr. Duncan has a unique philosophy about medicine that involves appreciation for patient autonomy and practical application of medical judgment and intervention.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2007

I met him briefly for one of the appointments. He was OK, but very reserved in talking. I was a little intimidated to ask him too many questions.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2007

He goes above and beyond. Very personable, intelligent and skilled. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2006

Dr. Richard Duncan's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

UPMC