Ratings for Dr. Kenneth Higby

Great doctor but turns out they do not accept any insurance and I was slapped with a 9,000 bill from them. Now they won't answer their phone or contact me back about my astronomical bill. I would never recommend this practice to anyone else after this.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

I am 20 weeks with my first pregnancy and it's twins. A trusted doctor of mine recommended Higby/Gordon. I have seen them both and look forward to my appointments. I feel I am in good hands and they have eased the unknowns first times moms will have. If only they could also deliver! I will use them over and over and recommend them to anyone. Amazing office.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

Through the course of 6 years, we have had multiple pregnancies but only the blessing of one child. I have been to this clinic with each pregnancy and find Gordon to be a wonderful doctor and human being. Every experience with him and the staff is personal, warm, professional and when needed- comforting. I can't begin to describe the many ways they have gone the extra mile for my husband and me. I feel like part of their family. That being said, I ALWAYS see Dr. Gordon. I will not see Dr. Higby. He will scare you, give you information, then recant and insist that you misunderstood. He is condescending and rude. As for the review calling Higby an alarmist- it is absolutely true! Thank God for Dr. Gordon!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2014

Dr. Higby is an ALARMIST who misdiagnosed our daughter with Down Syndrome and then when test results said otherwise he did not call to report them, a nurse who didn't explain anything did. Even when we asked for an explanation of the results at our subsequent visits, he could never explain adequately what they meant nor could he give an explanation for what might be the situation if not DS. He refused to believe that she didn't have some rare genetic defect and wanted to do one expensive test after another just to rule out different syndromes even though the outcome of the tests would not change our level of observation and care. After weeks of unnecessary sonograms, NSTs and hospital visits, our baby ended up being perfectly healthy even though he had us stressed out of our minds thinking something was wrong.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

The staff at Dr. Higby's were so helpful to me during my pregnancy. The gestational classes were very helpful to me and kept me on track with my wieght, blood sugar, and blood pressure. I would recommend any mommy to be that needs additional care to give This clinic a try. They really do care for you like family. Tarvia Foster

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

I am under Higby and Gordon's care as my specialist team originally because I was diagnosed EARLY with gestational diabetes. Then I ruptured my membranes at 17 weeks & because they open so early I went to them that AM & was seen w/no appt. This was fortunate as my OB said had I come to her she would have terminated the pregnancy! Higby said that we would do everything we could to save my baby. I read that he scares people-but he wants to convey the severity of the very real risks in what I see as a "prep for the worst, expect the best", mentality. Gordon is also good & they are a convergence of 2 different personality types. Kind of a good cop/bad cop but I think Gordon wants to relieve your worries whereas Higby wants you to be aware. I respect them both. Higby got on the phone w/head of Methodist NICU who dropped everything to drive to their office and both met with me to answer all of my questions & review risks/outcomes. NO other drs have taken the time Higby and Gordon do for me!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

Dr. Higby and his staff were very courteous and very informative. He does give you all the medical terminology at the beginning of any diagnosis, then explains what exactly it all means. He did offer several genetic tests for my first visit, but at the end I simply asked what he recommended and he told me exactly what he felt was appropriate. As a specialist he is supposed to tell you what testing he offers and as a patient you still have responsibility to ask what you think is right for your body and condition. He was very informative and patient and didn't leave until he was sure I didn't have any further questions. He was very sensitive to my issue and reassured me that I wasn't alone, of course you have to hear the worst case scenario for preparation, but he was always very optimistic. I'd recommend this doctor to anyone who needs special prenatal care.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2011

My wife and I waited about 20 minutes to see the doctor, most of the time was filling out the different forms, his assistant preformed an ultrasound and recorded the pictures she was taking. Dr Ken Higby, knocked on the door and came in and introduced him self and asked a few questions on why we were coming to see him today. After his assistant finished the ultra and burned the pictures on our dvd, he took over the controls of his brand new GE ulta sound machine... he encouraged questions, he explained himself very clearly and talked to us in a non medical manner. This was our first visit with him in his clinic and both my wife and I were very pleased with the way he treated us and our baby girl...

flag | Submitted July 30, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Higby by my OB. I went for a ultrasound and to discuss genetic testing. The ultrasound tech was not very personable and was very rough with my belly. in her effort in trying to get accurate measurements she as shaking my belly very rough and had ne lay on my side three times and comeback and try again to get measurenents. When Dr Higby finally met with me he looked at the measuremnts and then shot me with a cannon of info. He named all different genetic tests. Scared me had me crying because I thought something was wrong with my baby. He suggested 3 tests to take. After speaking with m sister in law also a MD she assured me that he over did it in thevisit. I will NOT be returning to his office and will be seeing another high risk OB.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

I am now refusing to visit this dr again and have told my OB to refer me to another dr. I had previously seen Dr. Gordan and after one visit with Dr. Higby I will not be returning to this practice. He gave me a completely different outlook/story than Dr. Gordan had at any of my other visits. He was very impersonal and I definately felt like I was just another file in his filing cabinet and a chance for him to do additional testing to charge me for every week. When I called my regualar OB to get her opinion, she couldn't believe what he had written in my chart and said that if she was being told what I was, she would be looking for a different doctor as well. He also called and yelled at her nurses for not saving ultrasound pictures when all of my ultrasounds were done at HIS office. I will not be going back.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2010

Dr. Kenneth Higby's Credentials

• Spanish

• Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Ameritas