Ratings for Dr. David C. Miller

Dr. Miller seems like a good doctor and when I see him he is very patient and caring and answers all my questions. I went to him with a hydrocele (about the “size of a baseball,” not too bad but annoying). He told me the only medical treatment was surgery involving the permanent removal of tissue that may or may not resolve the issue. I did a little research and discovered two recent (2013 and 2014) studies reported in the Journal of Urology that showed almost complete success (80 – 90%) involving aspiration (draining) plus an injection of either doxycycline or polidocanol. I brought these studies to the attention of Dr. Miller’s office. I was told through his office staff that Dr. Miller just dismissed these peer-reviewed studies because “they don’t work” (when obviously they did) and said again surgery was my only option. In the absence of any further explanation I am left to wonder if the surgery is really any better than the other non-surgical methods, which from Dr. Miller’s own words it is not. Further internet research revealed that other men with hydroceles went to Tractor Supply, purchased 20 g needles and syringes and did the aspiration themselves. So I tried it, too, and it worked. And now I have the first relief from this condition that I have had in years – no thanks to Dr. Miller and thanks to regular guys like me and Tractor Supply. It leaves me to conclude that Dr. David C. Miller is irresponsible. Why not do the 5 minute aspiration right then and there in the office to at least give a patient some relief? Why not try the other proven non-surgical methods first and use the cutting, slicing, permanent tissue removal surgery only as a last resort? It leaves me to conclude that Dr. Miller would rather push his unsuspecting and trusting patients into invasive, ineffective surgery not because there is any science behind his opinion but because he is one of those doctors that prefers unnecessary surgery because he makes more money off of it. I have run into several of these types. I no longer trust Dr. David C. Miller and will never go back.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

would recommend this doctor, although office is quite outdated. (needs more up to date decor)

flag | Submitted April 29, 2007

Dr. David C. Miller's Credentials

• Italian

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

• BCBS Illinois