Ratings for Dr. Mark S. Minkes

He is the most passionate and caring doctor! He spent time talking to me and even called me several times from home to make sure I was well. He is experienced and knows his field inside and out. He goes above and beyond what most doctors do to ensure that his patients receive the best care. I would never trust any other doctor to operate on me. I am forever thankful for what he has done for me.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2010

I've been to many surgeons office in the past for various reasons, and I chose Dr Minkes because of his experience, his straight-forwardness and his passion for his line of work. He's the Chief of Surgery at Downey Regional, is on call almost every weekend and is one of two other surgeons who is on the ER panel for emergency surgeries. Patients should understand that the world does not revolve around them and if Dr M is running a little late, it's probably because he is saving a life! I trust him completely and would recommend anyone to go see Dr M. Also, to the person who commented that Dr M didn't want to perform surgery because of the lack of compensation, let me assure you that I have the same problem as that lady (skin tag) and Dr M advised me to seriously consider NOT getting surgery because it's unnecessary and it may cause more issues in the future. If he was money hungry, he would have strongly advised me to go ahead with the surgery. Dr M cares for the well being of his pts!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2009

I can not belive some of these comments I have read.These people dont know what they are talking aobut.What doctors office do you go to now a days and dont wait at least an hour. If I was ever having a surgical emergency I would not want anyone operating on me that wasnt Dr. Minkes. I have seen him and also some of my family members have seen him too and we were all extremily happy with him...the receptionist is not friendly but everyone else is great!!!!...Dr. Minkes is the chief surgeon @ Downey Regional Medical Center and for that reason Im sure his schedule is always busy but he is worth the wait.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2009

GF was sent to "Dr. Minkes" tto remove a LARGE anal skin tag. I was in the exam room with him and I saw the tag(about thumb size) He didnt think it was anything so sent her home. Her GP (the referring MD0 was amazed at Minkes lackof action. The GP surgically removed the growth in his office. Approx 3/4 diameter. and minkes couldn't see it. I guess if it would have called for general surgery (an d more bucks) he could have seen it. Don't let him near you with anything sharp.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2008

I've been to this office about 3 times in a year and the staff is not friendly at all. It's useless to make an appointment because you still have to wait at least an hour, once the doctor sees you, it's only for like 2 minutes and then writes a prescription.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2008

Dr. Minkes has been my Doctor for many many years. He takes of his patient and I will forever be greatful for everything he has done for me.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2006

Dr. Mark S. Minkes's Credentials

• Spanish

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Downey, CA