Ratings for Dr. Louay Toma

I recently required full anterior hip replacement and some reconstruction. I had never had surgery in my life, and I am pretty old. So, the first thing I made a point of noticing about Dr. Toma were his hands, because besides his brain, his hands ran a close second. After that, it was his compassion. Dr. Toma passed with flying colors, and I went on to have the surgery which has proved fabulous. Dr. Toma had me singing "louay louay louay louuuuu ayyyyyy; louay louay louay louuuu wahhhh" for a few weeks post surgery due to the excitement of after Over Two Years of very bad hip anatomy, I was mobile again. Alright Alright Alright! I don't need Adele -- I just needed an excellent doctor and surgeon and that is the level of care and expertise I experienced with Dr. Toma, and Christine, Melissa, and Karen, his immediate staff. They are all outstanding professionals.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

I had a anterior hip replacement done by Dr. Toma on a Monday by the time I left the hospital on Wednesday I did not require any pain medication. I was able to climb two flights of stairs when I returned home. By two weeks I could walk with no discomfort and with almost no limp at all. I put off having this surgery for several years because I was scared to have it done. Dr. Toma did an amazing job and if I had known how fast the recovery was going to be I would never have put off having the surgery done. I hope this will help someone else who is putting off surgery because of fear. Dr. Toma is a great surgeon!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

Dr. Toma has done thousands of Anterior Hip Replacements. He's high tech and detail oriented. He's nice and easy to talk to. I had a hip replacement on Jan. 7th and am doing great. I did a lot of Internet research before I selected Dr. Toma. I determined that Anterior approach THR with Dr. Toma was the best choice even though I had a successful hip resurfacing in 2006 on my other hip.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

The first thing I noticed about Dr. Toma was his confidence. I was in such pain and he reassured me that once my hip replacement was done, the pain would be gone. He was right. There was no swelling, and I was up and walking the afternoon of the surgery. He is calm, gentle, well-spoken and has an excellent PA to assist him. He is an artist and a genius in my eyes. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing this surgery. ~Gayle Cooper

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

I would give Dr. Toma ten stars if I could. Best experience for both hip replacements. He did an excellent job and would not hesitate recommending him to all....Marcia Flores

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

Could not ask for a better surgeon. A little quite but that is better than some one who never stops talking . He gives you the time you need. I am now almost a year post hip surgery and have been hiking , dancing , swimming , work out at the gym and I can play with my grandchildre n and my husband. What more could you want.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

I went to Dr. Toma with a bad hip causing many sleepless nights and pain due to walking. He suggested a hip replacement and I am extremely please with the results. I was able to ride my motorcycle over 4, 000 miles 7 weeks after surgery and I did a 6 mile high sierra hike at 9 weeks post surgery. I generally run in the other direction from surgery and the mention of it but this surgery has been a very positive experience and if need I would do it again on my other hip. Thanks Dr. Toma, Kurt

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr. Toma was the best. Prior to the surgery I was unable to walk without being in extreme pain. On the night of the surgery, I was able to walk around the hospital floor with the use of the walker and no pain (other than what would be expected from surgery). During post-op there was no bruising and I was able to return home two days after surgery and walk up 14 steps to my room. The surgical procedure went smoother than I could ever imagine and Dr. Toma was an answer to prayer.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2013

I had both hips replaced, one April 30th second June 25th. Both Anteria method. It is now August 5th and I am just walking without a cane from the second surgery. Dr Toma has accommodated my every need both medically and his staff behind the scenes. I highly recommend Dr Toma, my experience with him and results have been outstanding.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

Dr. Louay Toma's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1988)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal