Ratings for Dr. Dorothy R. Anoina

This is my Doctor, and will be my doctor forever. I don't care how long I have to wait to see her. I know she knows what she's talking about, and is very involved with my care. The staff is my extended family, they are caring, patient, and concerned. She is it for me.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Hands down the BEST Ob/Gyn. DR.Anoina is AMAZING she kind kind,caring and very easy to talk to. She listens to all you have to say and never rushes you. The wait may be long but she's a solo practitioner so you get that one on one care and the comfort in knowing she is going to never there on your big day. She has delivered me personally 3 times but also my neices nephews and little cousins. My entire family loves her. She's has also delivered many of my friends children.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Today was first time visiting Dr. Anoina and I absolutely love her she's very knowledgeable, very down to earth I can see myself continueing to visit Dr. Anoina. She really helped me to relax during my visit.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015

This is my first visit and will be my last totally unacceptable for this type of wait time appointment at 315 I arrive at 300 for to complete any paperwork before hand well I did not receive the paperwork until 345 and now I'm still waiting an hour later .

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

Dr. Anoina is a wonderful and gifted doctor ! She is highly skilled , compassionate and very down to earth . There is a long wait to see her but worth every minute. She is truly a doctor I will keep for a lifetime.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

She is an excellent doctor with great bedside manner. You will have to wait to see her due to her popularity.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2013

Dr. Anoina is a nice person but her office is operationally disfunctional. I haven't figured out if it is Dr. Anoina or her staff but there definitely is problem with this office. I've never experienced anything like this before in my life. My first appointment with Dr. Anoina was November 2012 and I waited 4 hours to be seen and when I approached the receptionist and inquired about the wait time she stated it is given that patients will wait 2-3 hours to be seen by Dr. Anoina. After my first appointment in November I had a follow up appointment which was cancelled and rescheduled for a later date only for that appointment to be cancelled and re scheduled and this has been going on for 5 months needless to say I have switched physicians as I've had pelvic pain since November and now I'm becoming afraid that it maybe something serious. It's too bad that Dr.Anoina wasn't concerned about my health because if she was she would not have cancelled my appointments repeatedly.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

I think Dr. Anoina is one of the best Gynecologists in the area. Her friendliness and knowledge is excellent! She makes me feel confident with any condition I am faced with. I do get frustrated waiting a long time to see her however the wait is always worth it! No matter how far behind she is, you never get short changed when it is your turn. The caring and sharing of information is wonderful. Having a procedure done recently, Dr, Anoina called me the night before to make sure I was ready and did not have any questions. Saw her before surgery and she had a very comforting manner that made me relax. This is one Dr. that I would definately stay with thru out my life time! Again although her scheduling could be better, I think if you knew how involved she is with each and every patient you would understand. Her staff has always been friendly and efficient to me! Thank you Dr. Anoina a blessing from God!!!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

Last week I suffered a miscarriage and needed to switch to a closer doctor to receive additional care. My husband and I were 5 minutes early to our appt. at 6:15 and waited almost 2 hours to see the doctor before leaving. During that time my husband asked reception if there was a reason for the long wait at which point he was told that there are always long waits and sometimes the wait can be up to 2-3 hours. After some time, my blood pressure was taken and we were rudely escorted to the doctors office where we sat for another 20 minutes at which time, I told my husband that I was ready to leave. One of the nurses told us that the doctor was now ready to see us but with the possibility of several appointments needed because of my miscarriage, I did not want to have to deal with the wait time or rudeness of some of the staff, i.e. Wheaty. I believe that some type of apology should've been given in addition to a sensitivity to the situation that I was dealing with.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2011

Dr. Anoina is the best OB I have ever had. She truly cares for you as if you were part of her family. She treats you with great respect. She delivered all three of my children and was with me every step of the way - - especially during delivery. I have referred her to many of my friends. All have been happy. The first time I went to see her she met with me in her office and introduced herself, told me about herself and wanted to know about me. I have never experienced a doctor so personable as she. Most people complain about the wait in her office, but when you experience the care and concern that she provides to you during your visit, you understand why. If she spends that kind of time with me, I know she is doing the same with all of her patients. I will continue to be her patient until she retires, and then I will still try and make her see me, at least once a year : )... Thanks Dr. for being such a great part of my life and taking such great care of me.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2010

Dr. Dorothy R. Anoina's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Health Sciences/Chicago Medical School (Grad. 1991)

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union