Ratings for Dr. Taiya Shevelev

Absolutely didn't like her. Office very unorganized and everything in the office looks old and not sanitized.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

I would not recommend Dr. Shevelev to my friends. I was a self-pay patient. I paid in full the service at a discounted self-pay patient rate. The receptionist encouraged that the bill be sent to my insurance carrier. The insurance carrier denied my invoce. However, the billing manager at Dr. Shevelev's office said I had to pay the entirety of the bill which was $370.00 more. She indicated because she spent time sending the bill to the insurance carrier, I now owe them $370.00. This was unreasonable and unfair. The manager did not even want to transfer me to Dr. Shevelev to sort things out. I even sent a letter to their office, but did not hear a response. The manager "agreed" to give me a "discount" and "only" charge me $50.00, which I ultimately paid. Apparently, not only do you need to pay for Doctor's time at this office, but also for the billing clerk's time. This is ridiculous. I filed a complaint with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation at: https://www.idfpr.com/Admin/Filing/DPR/Complaint.asp. I hope the Regulation agency investigates this unfair practice. In conclusion, I would not recommend Dr. Shevelev as a doctor to my friend because the office does not treat patients fairly and does not care for the patient's well-being.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Very nice, professional, kind and friendly. I will recomend her to all my friends.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

Hi everybody, I just wanted to say a few words about Dr. Shevelev. She has been my OBGYN for 5 years and it looks like I will be leaving her soon. I chose her because she speaks Russian and known to community. The doctor is good, knowledgeable and may occasionally order unnecessary tests. I have good insurance, so I didn’t worry about it. Unfortunately, some of her personnel is pretty bad. Receptionist is kind of rude and not welcoming, all she cares is payment. One of the ladies that does ultrasound is very cold and negative; she tells you about miscarriage like its nothing; I am not sure she can even do that without doctor in there. I will miss one person in there – Mila, she is very sweet and caring and reminds me of my mom. Office is always overbooked, waiting time 15-30 minutes. I wish there were more personal attention and better customer service. Sorry Dr. Shevelev…

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

I was a patient here for several years, but it just got worse and worse. Never waited for less than 1 hour. I had 5:00 appointment and they took me at 6:05. rude staff, has no help only 1 doctor.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

Not a good doctor! all about the money! WOuldnt give my PREGNANCY test results over the phone, wants me to come in just to get more money out of me. Im switvching doctors!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012

I have been a patient here for five years so I think you can rule out any fluke one time bad experiences. Where to start... Hmm 1. The office staff is very unfriendly and see any interaction with you as a burden. The "billing" department is a very rude lady whose sole responsability is to make any justifiable reimbursments a complete hassel. 2. I frequently wait more than 45 minutes for appointments and get rushed in and out. I never spend more than 10 minutes with the docotor. She brushes off any questions you have that are not immediately relivant to avoid you wasting her time. 3. I have noticed on several occasions that the doctor bills for proceedures that I requested not to be done because they were not covered by my insurance. Each time I have had to pay out of pocket dispite having asked they not be done prior to my appointment. There are much better OBGYNs out there

flag | Submitted October 4, 2012

The primary focus of this doctor is the amount of money she can make from this patient. I felt this on several occasions. I had a question for a scheduled procedure and wanted to confirm with the doctor that this procedure was unseeded necessary. When I called to express my concerns, I was told that I need to schedule another appointment just to discuss my concerns. I cancelled all of my appointments.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

very unprofessional doctor and staff,she was my first obgyn in this country, as i came from russia and can say that she is probably ok, if you dont have any health problems and just come for routine care as a pap test and thats it. otherwise, i had some fertility issues and hormonal problems,and she did couple of tests and couldnt explain anything, found out my diagnosis from another doctor, found new obgyn and would never come back to her. very unproffesional, i agree that she is not a doctor but a murder.doesnt spend enough time with patients, tries to take as more as she can to make money! thats it. would never recommend to anyone

flag | Submitted November 11, 2011

Everything in this office is about the money - not about the people, unfortunately. Dr. Shevelev misdiagnosed me several times and she was trying to convince me go through the surgery(which turned out to be unnecessary) and even threatened me with cancer. I find her to be VERY unprofessional and unfair to her patients. I'm so glad I went to get a second opinion! DO NOT even give her a chance because it may cost you your health (and lots of wasted money)!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2011

Dr. Taiya Shevelev's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Amerigroup