Ratings for Dr. Alice Y. Matoba

Dr Matoba is excellent. Mauro her assistant is wonderful. Her assistant Sheree is rude, condescending and hateful. I hope we never get Sheree again!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

I was sitting in Dr. Matoba's exam room waiting for 45 minutes. She did not apologize or comment on her tardiness. When I asked her to explain a procedure she recommended she was curt and rude. I believe she is probably very competent but I would never come back. There are many other equally qualified doctors that treat patients with respect. I have never had an experience like that with any physician and was furious when I left the clinic.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Matoba for15 years. I first saw her when I had corneal erosion - extremely painful. She did a superb job of fixing it, was mindful of my intense discomfort. Three other doctors could never fix it. I would not trust my eyes to anyone else.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2011

I saw this doctor for 10 years, maintaining a treatment of only the symptoms. The only thing that kept me from going somewhere else was the thought of paperwork changeovers and explaining my extremely convoluted eye disease to a new doctor. When I get a flare-up, I can't see, and am in extreme pain. I work in IT, and when this happens, I can't work at all. My office suggested that I bring an FMLA form to my doctor to allow a separate allocation of time off for these issues. I asked Dr Matoba to do this, and she said no, and asked why I needed to miss work that often. After a decade of her seeing me in the worst conditions possible. Perforations, infection after infection, blood filled eyes, and she asks me why it's such a big deal. I can't believe the nerve of her. Needless to say I'm changing doctors.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

Dr. Matoba is NOT a problem solver. She was wonderful until her treatment for my eye problem had bad results. She became increasingly hostile, told me that I should not be feeling the pain I was feeling, and even implied that I ws NOT feeling the pain I was experiencing. When things started going badly she did not asnwer my questions and made assumptions about what I was experiencing without checking them out with me. This has been by far the most unprofessional treatment I have ever experienced, and I have had medical treatment in third world countries! I will NEVER go back.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2008

flag | Submitted October 9, 2005

Dr. Alice Y. Matoba's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)