Ratings for Dr. B. RHETT Myers

What I like the least is Dr. Myers is not open to new ideas and alternative medicines. Once Dr. Myers prescribes a medicine for a symptom... that's the end of it. You will take only what he gives you and any thing you request to try something new is denied (example: article on WedMD mentions more than one treatment for anxiety but he will not let you try it). Example #1: I am on 6mg clonazepam (Klonopin). I have taken Xanax (Alprazolam) and Valium (Diazepam) before and they both provide a better control over anxiety attacks than clonazepam. I have tried Ativan (Lorazepam) and too... much better results than clonazepam. Example #2: I have chronic insomnia (some weeks I will exceed 5 days with no sleep then sleep 40+ hours afterwards) so he prescribes me 30mg of Temazepam (brand names Restoril and Normison). I am one of those people in the 5% category that has a very high tolerance to drugs. The Temazepam just doesn't put me to sleep... and that is when combining 6mg Clonazepam, 30mg Temazepam, and 300mg Trazodone . The only way to get a chance to sleep is by taking Nyquil with the three medicines listed above. I have been with him for 13 years now and just plain afraid to try another Doctor. Okay... my ratings, Staff =3 stars = some of the ladies are nice and respectful... some look down on us. I did not do this to myself. I am sick not crazy. Punctuality = 5 stars - Dr. Myers is always ready on time. And I mean always. Helpfulness = 2 stars - If you ask for something from the staff that is not part of their daily routine... they act like you just told them to clean the parking lot with a toothbrush. On the side of Dr. Myers, the fact that he is unwilling to change my medicine when I still pray to God many times a day to please take me away warrants 3 stars. Knowledge = 5 stars - I feel that Dr. Myers really understands our illness just not open to try different medicine so that I don't feel like 'checking out' from my illness. Finally, this is not listed... but I will give the subject 1 star. Dr. Myers only prescribes medicine. You will be in his office for a max of 5-8 minutes. He is not a counselor. If you want that hour on a couch talking to a counselor than you have to schedule that with another doctor... and I just don't have the money to do that. And I desperately need counseling! I have no one to discuss my illness' with. All of my friends left me when I became disabled (since I was no longer working then I couldn't spend money on them). My family knows it's there but they don't want to hear about it. I simply say "I'm Fine" and that is all my family wants to hear. Guess that's enough sharing my feelings... many of you will agree and some will disagree. It all stands on what your circumstance is.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Dr. Myers has helped me. He seems to care and interacts on my level. I have been a patient for over 10 years. Dr. Myers & staff have never made me feel uncomfortable. They actually have been pleasant & professional.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Trust Dr. Myers. He is very careful will all things concerned.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Good luck! The staff is holding him down. Pretty sure I'm done with this place.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

It might be to early to comment but I'm not too mad about my 1st visit. I do think it could have been better. I think he could have asked more questions. I think he could recommend soon exercises to go along with the medication. But I did notice that he felt more comfortable looking down when talking, which may come off as offensive to others but not me. He also was quick to write a prescription. My evaluation lasted 15mins at the most. But overall not mad

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Dr Myers is very knowledgeable in his field and has been a great help to me . I am medication resistant which is extremely frustrating but Dr. Myers has been very patient and willing to try new medications.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Ive been going to Dr. Myers for several years now

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

Have been seeing Dr Myers over 2 yrs, been over medicated twice, he never looks up from his pad and when I talk to him he doesn't say anything. He cannot seem to get the correct meds or dosage for me and I am no better off than I was before I went there. Please read comments before making your decisions.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Myers for 13 years and have never had a problem with him or his staff. I think he is a great doctor.

Submitted November 6, 2013

AWFUL!!!!!!! PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF and DO NOT see RHETT MEYERS!!!!! HE and the staff are HORRIBLE. Rarely looked up from his pad and when I went in to tell him I was having a really hard time with my anxiety and felt like I needed to go somewhere, he DISAGREED and said he didn't think I needed to go! Going away saved MY LIFE! When I returned, he wrote my meds wrong 2 times....when I called to complain, the staff was SO RUDE. When I finally stood up for myself and told them what I thought of their practice, I received a certified letter the next day telling me that I needed to find another practice!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

Dr. B. RHETT Myers's Credentials

• Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Atlanta Ga 30322 (Grad. 1973)

• BCBS Florida