Ratings for Dr. Monique Bertrand

Never felt rushed during any appointments and she was so caring & knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

Love Dr Bertrand. Very knowledgeable, caring and personable. She shows a sincere interest in your well being.

Submitted May 31, 2017

I absolutely love Dr Bertrand and she has made me feel so comfortable with this journey with cancer. She was 3 hours late to our first appointment in the cancer centre (there was an emergency) and she did not rush me despite her schedule being totally off whack. The only negative feedback I have is that the wait times between biopsies and results is ridiculous.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Dr. Monique Bertrand saved my life in surgery, otherwise I would not be here now. She came everyday to visit me in the hospital, and was a true angel in every sense of the word. In aftercare, she has looked out for me and explained why things needed to be done. She makes me feel I am in good hands while having a rare and aggressive cancer. I hope she never leaves. Dr. Bertrand is awesome!!!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

I just came from London today for my 5 year check up with Dr. Bertrand. She saved my life after having had stage 30 cervical cancer. Herself and staff are excellent and I have nothing but good things to say about her knowledge and her compassion. Thank you for everything and kudos to London Health Services.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

I do not have any kind words to say about Dr. Bertrand as she was dismissive in her attitude and very condescending when she spoke. I tried explaining about family history and once again did not want to hear it. I think having a sibling who has died of cancer that was in her colon and uterus should be relevant but since being a lay person she did not want to hear it. I have been waiting for almost 2 months to get word back. My family physician was the one who gave me the results. I am glad some people who have had good experiences but she does not treat all her patients with the same.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

After her new resident took my history we had to wait longer than I usually wait at my other dr appointments. She was very nice and explained things before she did them. Opposite to the previous commentor I would say she over used lubracant. (better more than not enough) We found her knowledgable and ready to answer any questions and give explanations that were easily understood. She didn't seem in a hurry to finish our appointment. My only small complaint is that the exam room was a little cold with the air still being on. (this is likely controlled by the hospital not her department)

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

I feel very nervous when I come to the clinic. I wait for a very long time and then get rushed through the procedure. My last pap was horrible, because she rushed in, and without taking any time used the speculum without warming it or using lubrication. I ended up bleeding and was in a lot of discomfort after. I wish more time was taken to make sure the experience is not any more horrible then it has to be.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2013

Dr Bertrand is with no doubt an amazing Doctor/person. I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude & sincere appreciation for the exemplary care that I have received from her/her team at LRCC. I feel extremely lucky to have been referred to her for diagnosis, surgery, treatment & follow up. She was very professional, knowledgeable, through, empathetic and compassionate. She explained everything slowly & in detail with a gentle calm reassuring approach. She was also ready and willing to answer any questions that we had, even 1 1/2 pages. Before my surgery I encountered a problem, phoned her office and I was able to get in and see her the next morning, which I found amazing & extremely calming/comforting since I was extremely scared. While in hospital she came in every morning to check on my progress/condition. Dr Bertrand is an enormously talented & gifted surgeon/oncologist and deals with people from the heart and I will be forever grateful and honoured to have had her for a doctor.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

I was actually scared to keep my appointment, BUT, the staff was very polite, helpful and made me feel very comfortable. When I met Dr. Bertrand, I was so relieved. She made me feel very relaxed and comfortable. She explained everything in detail to me of what she was going to do, and as she did it.She did a through examination. She answered all my questions. I was amazed at how professional she was. She was like being with a long lost friend. I would recommend her to everyone. She is just an amazing woman as well as doctor.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2012