Ratings for Dr. Leslie R. Cauvin

went to this office and saw the nurse practictioner today. I have fiends who are nurses. My friend Deena, a nurse at a monmouth county hospital told me to write this review because she couldn't believe what I experienced today, medical wise and professional from a very nasty receptionist who wants to open her big mouth with an opinion while I am making an appointment instead of being professional no matter what. Medically, I expected a nurse to know the difference between gamma and alpha. She said she didnt know. She looked it up on the internet. She did that last week when I asked her about a medication. She seems to look up a lot of things she doesn't know. Nurses go yo school and my nurse friends get trained very rigorously. They are very well versed in knowledge without saying I don't know or refer to a computer to do their job. Then, I asked if the issue I had with my legs was discussed with the doctor from last week. Now, you would think, she sees me a second time, she would ask how are the bruises on your leg? Nope. That did not happen. I had to bring it up. When I asked, she was silent stone faced look and then said her and the doctor have different schedules. Am I crazy, you can't email? Seriously? With vague answers, and a bloodtest for another issue, which by the way, I was going to suggest the test because I looked it up that day and information about it. I left there with no compassion, but got confusion from someone who clearly needs more training and respect about follow ups with patients. Now let me go to moron at the receptionist desk. I'd say she's in her 20s. I asked her for an appointment with Dr. Cauvin , a medical person with trained knowledge from a school, not a computer or iphone. Anyway, she said first week in October. I said fine. I told her I had never been in an office where the doctor and medical people didn't communicate on a regular basis. Oh wait, it gets good...she must be on her period this week, she snipped, probably because I said that, "I know she wrote a note. They have different schedules on different days." I asked what days is he available. She told me the days and then said, "Maybe this is not the right office for you." WOW! I said this, you are a receptionist taking down an appointment, it is not your job to give a patient your opinion of anything. Lol...she got offended because I called her out on her unprofessional manner. When I said that, she hung up the phone. The appointment wasn't fully confirmed yet. I was at petco, I turned my car around, went back that office, went to the window, about close time, didn't know they were closing. She goes, yeah can I help you. I said, I tried to confirm an appointment, you hung up the phone. You have your appointment. I said, you were disrespectful giving your two cents on anything other than making an appointment. Then this millenial idiot is, you put me down as a receprionist. No, I called you out on YOUR UNPROFESSIONAL MANNER WITH A PATIENT. Do you get that???? Oh, and she tried to take her phone out. What were you going to do, record me? Poor millenial victim.There's something called HIPPA. You don't record people in a doctor's office. Hello. Dr. Cauvin could be sued and lose his practice. I haven't seen Dr. Cauvin, but really, you better look at what you have for a staff.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2018

Poor fund of knowledge not a good doctor would not recommend

flag | Submitted July 3, 2016

Was recommended to Dr Cauvin by my dad's Urologist Dr Howard and i took my dad to see him today. Dr. Cauvin is by far the nicest Dr. i ever met. He gives you so much of his time, listens to every issue you have and addresses each one. He is very thorough, methodical, caring, and a man with integrity. He did not just give my dad narcotics for his pain, instead he was more concerned about dealing with the cause of the pain without causing more issues created by narcotics and pain killers. This dr is VERY impressive and my entire family is now planning on making him our primary Dr. Very thankful to Dr. Peter Howard for referring us to him.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

the best dotor ever! he is nice, friendly, and very helpful!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

Recently switched doctors (previous doctor is too far away). Very happy w/ the overall experience...the office staff was very friendly and I was not kept waiting. Dr. Cauvin is great! He's a great listener, shows empathy, and knows his stuff. Glad I found a great doctor in Toms River.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

flag | Submitted May 5, 2012

awesome dr...very patient and understanding. I would never go anywhere else

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012

the best doctor. very caring, good listener. over all good guy. knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

Dr Cauvin is very personable and knowledgeable. I have been going to him for almost two years now and he is very easy to talk to. He is the doctor that found my Epstein Barr. I didn't know I had it until I went to Dr. Cauvin, I would recommend this doctor to anyone..

flag | Submitted September 25, 2011

Abruptly took me off my pain medication that I was on for 8-9 months, which threw me for a loop. If I had done this on my own he would have said that you need to ween yourself off slowly. You should not stop any medication that you have been on for a long time, it can be Dangerous ! The medication eased about 70-75% of my Pain! Thank You very Much! I think Doctors should be what they are supposed to be and stop worrying about the stupid DEA !!!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

Dr. Leslie R. Cauvin's Credentials

• Umdnj New Jersey School Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1995)

UnitedHealthcare