Dr. Cameron Clokie

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Cameron Clokie

Who cares, if he sleeps with his patients? The patient surely was not against it, if she let it happen. He did a great job on my jaw years ago for a very reasonable amount, which I am thankful to him for. I was poor which he did not know, only assumed by assessing my situation. So it was extremely nice of him to adjust the price to my pocket.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Dr. Cloakie has extr ordinary skills as an orla surgeon. He faciltated 6 implants and bone implants taken from the left hip the size of a pack of cigarettes. He removed a wisdom teeth embedded in my jaw on top of the nerve that when damaged would cause permanent numbness of the lip like a permanent freezing. He also removed a large number of baby teeth embedded in the jaw. The operation took 4 hours and there were 12 people attending in the operating room one team for the hip and one team for the bone implant in the jaw. The complexity of such an operation would be just under the a heart transplant. I have looked for a surgeon who was not afraid to deal with this one in a million textbook case in several countries. Cloakie was the only one in the world I trusted. My teeth are perfect and there were no complications. It is a tragedy that someone with his extra ordinary skills can not practice anymore.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Dr. Cameron Clokie is on of the best dental surgeon in the world - he made the magic and he brought me back a smile when I was told by many 'specialists' that it's not possible. Its so sad to learn about all the troubles he is going through and I hope Dr. Cameron Clokie name will be cleared and he will be back to help people like me.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

When I went in this summer for a wisdom tooth consultation, I got a very frat boy vibe from him. I went ahead anyways and booked the tooth removal for the following Friday morning .I booked work off and lined up a babysitter for transporting me. I get a call from his staff late Thursday afternoon that he won't be in the office Friday. No reason given. First thing I did was check the forecast for Friday. 32 degrees and sunny, great day to be in Muskoka? I immediately booked a consultation with a different oral surgeon, one who respects his client's time. A month later I saw all the news about the health insurance fraud. What a jerk. Who continuously steals from the government?

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

I had a consultation with him. Paid 150 for it and he took 5 minutes with me. He did not make me feel comfortable or safe at all. He seemed extremely occupied. I wanted months for him to give me a surgery date, kept calling the office (pretty rude staff) with no answers. Finally I decided to type his name it Google just to find out that when I had my appointment with him he had just been notified that he was being reviewed for fraud. Glad to hear he's no longer practicing.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

I have nerve damage on both sides with numbness and pins and needles and burning lower lip after Dr Clokie did dental implants. I am told by another doctor who was trained by Dr. Clokie that it looks like the work of a rookie. Maybe it was as it was done at a teaching hospital. Maybe I was a guinea pig! Absolutely not a fan!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Very good surgeon. I've had some nerve complications, but not due to the fault of Dr. Clokie. He has been incredibly helpful with the healing, including pain management and referral for physiotherapy. Highly recommend his compassionate demeanour and professional team.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

Dr. Clokie did my upper jaw, lower jaw and chin a decade ago and it absolutely changed my life! Very professional, goes above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable and understand the procedure. Top notch Doctor.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2016

Dr. Clokie is so professional, that his every move is precise and no time wasted. That is why I suspect for some people his treatment seemed rushed. I had an implant done by him in 12 minutes from the time I sat in the chair and left it. As opposed to another surgeon who was torturing me for hours and his implants fell out after anyway. Btw, the implants were installed at approximately 3 years back. I wish I had the others done by Dr. Clokie originally. Now I am going to Dr. Clokie, so he can put the implants in where the other surgeon's work failed. And about the explanations pre and post, that is all in the papers they give you, so sit and read. I understand, that doctor is not a shrink, but a surgeon, and he is best at what he does. Good luck!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

I've always been nervous going to the dentist, however at Profile Oral Surgery I feel relaxed and assured that I'm taken care and all my needs are met . The Dr's. and staff are amazing .

Submitted May 13, 2016

Dr. Cameron Clokie's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Clokie is an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon and is the Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Toronto. He practices the full scope of the specialty of Oral and Maxiilofacial Surgery. He received his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) in 1985 and completed his specialty training in 1990 then subsequently a doctorate (PhD) in bone regeneration related to interface development of dental implants from McGill University in 1992. Dr. Clokie has established himself as a leader in the field of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Due to his innovative approaches to the surgical management of the jaws he is frequently sought after as a clinician and teacher. He has many publications and has lectured internationally on a variety of topics related to oral healthcare including the future of Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, bone regeneration and university related technology transfer. In 1993, Dr. Clokie established the Bone-Integrated Implant Research Group at McGill University that has been actively involved in the evaluation and development of new bone regenerative technologies. In this capacity he has served as a consultant and as a member of the scientific advisory boards for numerous companies and industrial partners. Dr. Clokie was named the Associate Dean of Clinical Programs at McGill University in 1996 and in 1998 completed a sabbatical at the UCLA Bone Research Laboratory working with Dr. Marshall Urist exploring the use of carriers for delivery of BMP. He also functions as a scientific consultant to GenSci Regeneration Sciences Inc. He has been granted patents for technologies developed in his laboratory both for North America and Europe. Dr. Clokie has developed an international network of collaborators working in this field attempting to better understand the impact of growth factor technologies on bone regeneration. The first in a series of products that were developed in his laboratory was brought to market in October 1997. The fundamental goal of his research is to develop bioimplants that will eventually replace the need for autogenous bone grafts. This ultimately will benefit not only his patient but all patients requiring surgical augmentation of their bones.

• English