Ratings for Dr. Tamara Means

I have never met this doctor before my c-section. So after being glued back together, I had the biggest, ugliest, itchy keloid performed by her. I pray to God that I don't run into her again. Stay away from her.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

I LOVE Dr. Means! She is honest and tried to resolve my uterine problems several ways before doing a hysterectomy. She has delivered my grand-daughter and all 3 daughters go to her! She is personable and realistic, not "medicinal". I was so glad I found her after seeing too many "men" in the field - I can't imagine going anywhere else!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2011

I met Dr. Means upon joining the practice with a high risk pregnancy underway and in need of a surgical procedure to enable me to carry my pregnancy through to term. Dr. Means' bedside manner, to me, left little to be desired. When discussing the need to perform an early screening that involved and ultrasound to screen for birth defects and having the test performed before my surgical procedure, Dr. Means made a comment similar to this..."let's make sure this baby is worth sewing in," which I'm sure meant, let's get this screening and make sure your baby is perfectly fine before we subject you to surgery...but it came out in a quite offensive and disrespectful manner to me. After that, I tried my hardest not to get appointments with her through the rest of the pregnancy. In my next pregnancy, still with the practice, I abjectly refused to see Dr. Means for any appointment.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

was told I had a tumor in my ovary given options to remove tumor, ovary, or have a hysterectomy. Chose to wait went back for another consult 4 months later sent me for another sono radiologist then told me I didn't have a tumor in my ovary but a cyst in my uterus, not to have dr take out my ovary. Went back for consult (appt I was told to make so we would have new results and schedule surgery. Dr. still talking about ovarian cyst then I told her what the radiologist had to say she then told me I had a clean bill of health. SO glad I didn't have surgery after my first consult would of been removing something that didn't need removing. was she rushing? Did she not read my results? Not sure but she was not very educated when it came to my diagnosis. Definitly changing drs not confident in her any longer.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2009

Charged me more copay even though I told them what my exact copay was. Was somewhat condescending when she realized I was not there for a pregnancy.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2007

Dr. Tamara Means's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)