Ratings for Dr. G. James Scozzafava

Saw him at the Kaye Urgent Clinic. Excellent bedside manner - very thorough, but he's the kind of doctor that once he decides you're fine, he's done with you and that's the end of it. I ended up getting left hanging and now I have a pile of new symptoms due to a worsening neurological condition and nowhere to go. The problem is that once you have an expert list you as being in the all-clear, it becomes very hard to get another one to see you. My GP has been having a lot of trouble finding somewhere to send me. I wish that Dr. S had taken a bit more time to examine my history and other symptoms before sending me off. He was very attentive at first, but I felt like I got the brush off at the end and subsequently I'm now stuck in treatment limbo with a really scary bunch of things happening to my body. He's also got this mental switch from expert, genius doctor to doctor with superb bedside manor. It's a literal switch in his head. There is no in between. He's capable of both but not at the same time.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

I originally met Dr James at Grey Nuns ER August 2017 and then saw him at his Neurology Clinic in the Edmonton Kaye Center in the same month. He's prompt but didnt make me feel rush.Phenomenal bedside manner. He listened to me. He asked my opinions. Made sure I understood. Remembered personal things. Talked out loud about his reasoning and thought process.kept me in the room while he dictated a letter to a colleague and asked me if I felt it was accurate. I appreciate feeling like I was involved through the whole process of my care. I also appreciate his considerate and down to earth demeanor. The Nurse, N seemed a little stand off-ish but maybe she was busy and had other things going on. She was professional either way

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

I have seen him at his office three times. Looking for a new neurologist. I feel it was a wasted referral especially after three visits all the same. My car accident was in 2010 and I got to see him in 2012 because my Dr was concerned at my left side weakness, dizziness, loss of sensation on my left side, worst headaches ever, nerve pain, ringing in my ears, pain and pressure in my eyes and more. He never once examined me. He never looked at anything, he said it was my concussion. He sits on the American Concussion Board and blah blah. He got mad at me for coming for a second appointment, I had questions and he raised his voice saying ITS A CONCUSSION. Gave me some antidepressants that caused suicidal thoughts, went back and no exam again, gave me Topamax for migraine pain because its side effect is weight loss (i was 20lbs overweight), he gave me diagnosis' to my Dr without even testing me or telling me. All three times he said it was my post concussion syndrome. ENT ruled otherwise and I still need another neurologist to diagnose a possible spinal fluid leak and cranial spinal fluid leak. I am disappointed because I was excited when I got the call to book with him afer reading all the wonderful reviews. I have it three shots and struck out three times. Says alot.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Terrible bedside manner wrote it off as something I was pretending to feel for attention. Didn't seem to care looked bored my entire visit and treated me like I wasn't smart enough. Didn't give me any explanation or help towards a treatment plan. Not very friendly.

Submitted April 12, 2017

I have had Dr S. For many years. I have always found both he and his staff to be incredibly helpful understanding and compassionate. He seems genuinely concerned for your health and actually listens to your questions. I cannot recommend him enough.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Dr Scozzafava and his staff were amazing they went above and beyond. First time ive ever felt cared for to have a doctor stop someone doing what they do and give this person instructions more specific to my situation then explain everything to me as to what he was doing was so comforting and amazing. I felt i was getting top notch help by far i am thankful honored and very thankful to have Dr. Scozzafaza as my doctor i gave top score for punctuality even thou the doctor was a bit late i feel the hospital was very busy and Dr. Scozzafava takes the time for his patients if needed I did not mind waiting at all for him. i also feel he is excptional

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Dr. Scozzafava is amazing. He made me feel very welcome and at ease, and I could see that he was considering the information I was giving him, as he created first steps in our plan and then explained the entire process to me. I highly recommend Dr. Scozzafava. The staff and punctuality suffered a bit because I have to be honest in my review. I was told Dr. Scozzafava is never late (he was about 30m late), so this was obviously an anomaly and I would not let it influence your decision on doing business with this doctor. He is exceptional.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Was referred to him through UofA Emerg, I was able to get in quickly. Both he and his staff were very friendly. He was very informative and took the time to explain my MRI results.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

I saw Dr. Scozzafava, recently, and did not disclose that I am medical. I prefer it that way. Both Dr. S and his nurse, C, are outstanding!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

Dr. Scozzafava, in my opinion is a wonderful doctor and extremely patient and compassionate. I had a very difficult diagnosis to figure out as I had unique symptoms that he had not seen before, however, he consulted with other neurologists and was very thorough. I had 2 brain MRI's in a 6-month period before he was able to determine what was happening to me. He should incredible concern for me as I went through this. I would definitely recommend Dr. Scozzafava to anyone! Thank you for everything :)

flag | Submitted January 25, 2015

Dr. G. James Scozzafava's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.