Ratings for Dr. Audrey Oey

Dr Oey is incredibly thorough. She always has time for her patients so if she is ever running behind I am always mindful that she is making sure another patient gets the support they need, just like she will do for me. She treats my entire family and somehow manages to remember all the little things about each of us, which shows how much she cares and that she is always listening. You will get amazing care from this kind and super smart doctor.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2018

Dr Oey is everything a "family doctor" should be. Willing to listen long enough to understand the problem, compassionate and kind , knowledgeable but willing to admit when she doesn't know something. I've been to doctors who think they are only a step down from "god" and are incapable of listening with a compassionate ear. She takes the time that is required for the visit - so the ones who are leaving complaints about the waiting times, she's late because she has given YOU the time that you need which makes the next appointment late. She doesn't rush the appointments so remember that the next time you find that she is "running late." Dr Oey has called me at home to see how I was doing when my husband was in the hospital. If I need to see her, I can call and generally get to see her within a day or so, but I also tell the staff that an appointment time can be delayed if it isn't an emergency - they appreciate this approach so that those precious same day time slots can be kept for true emergencies. I've had her for a family doctor for about 8 years and have never met a more caring doctor who truly cares for her patients. God bless her - she deserves a metal for caring for those who give her a poor rating and complain about her yet she still cares for them without bias.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2018

LOVE Dr. Oey!! My husband and I have been with her since 2006 and we wouldn't trade her for anything. I'm pretty sure, if we move, we'll still want to see her. She is kind, very knowledgeable, and we have never felt rushed with her. She calls us at home to discuss results, changes to meds, etc., She definitely goes above and beyond the call of duty. A lot like her colleague Dr. Maria Matsuda. Preston Medical has friendly staff too, for such a busy clinic.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

I have been with Dr. Oey for years now and I will never change my doctor! She is so kind, understanding, and really cares for you. Best doctor in KW!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

Dr Oey may grow into being a decent GO. She will not do so with her current office staff.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

She's a super nice doctor who seems like she cares. The downfall is her staff. You can be on hold for her staff to answer the phone. It sometimes takes over a month to get in aswell.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

She's been my doctor for five years, and has always been kind, considerate, helpful, thorough, reassuring to my occasional hypochondria but also concerned when it is called for. Love having her as my doctor!!!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

Dr Oey is an incredible doctor and, by far, the best one I have ever had! She is friendly, genuine, compassionate, and honest. She will take the time to answer some questions on the phone, where other doctors would have you come in unnecessarily just to be able to bill your visit to the province. She is direct and does not sugar coat responses, yet approaches it with such a personable demeanor that it never comes across as belittling or shaming, as many others do. She knows when to admit she doesn't know enough about a topic and will refer you to the best option that can help you. She is also open to suggestions of what we might think is wrong and has not shot down ideas for tests that we wanted performed. Because of that, we were able to catch a serious issue in my young daughter that most other GPs would have told us she couldn't have. Both my young kids love going to see her. I feel that the people here that have said she needs more experience are potentially so accustomed to the typical "old doctor" that they can't appreciate a doctor who won't jump to conclusions based on what they've seen in the past. Clearly, she is young and will see more and more as her career develops, but I don't take that as a negative in the least right now; quite the opposite, I see it as a benefit.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Dr. Oey's heart is in the right place. She is a genuinely nice person who like everyone else in the world that is new, is growing into the role. She is competent and knows enough to not mess with things too much and work on keeping you naturally healthy. She is honest and to the point on the major issues to deal with. She was instrumental in me quitting smoking and other health improvements. Finally.. how many doctors in the K/W area will make a same day appointment for you if you need to see the doctor? This one dose. Thumbs up Dr. Oey. Keep it up!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

They lost my blood work and no one seemed to bothered about it, I never did find out what happened to my blood work, always have to wait forever

flag | Submitted November 8, 2014