Ratings for Dr. Shazia Alavi

I love Dr. Alavi. I am a Nurse myself and for those of you who have anything negative to say, please try to think about the system for a second and not her herself or her skills. For starters, unless you specifically indicate you need more time.... most family doctors see pts every 15 mins. If you're going for twenty issues you may want to book aditional time. This lady is amazing, she is very knowledgeable and does the best she can do. The fact many people say she refers patients to specialists speaks volumes. When you don't know the answer to something you seek additional support. It's okay not to know everything. Time constraints along with the ignorant staff at Grandview can make things worse. Overall she is a genuine great doctor and does what is best for her patients while never just handing over Rx unless needed and finding out what is wrong. We need more dr's like Dr. Alavi. Society wants to blame all the time and it's very sad how everyone blames and expects answers for things science does not even know. We live in a time where it's is unacceptable to say "I don't know" that is wrong... we are all humans and sometimes it takes longer or more time for investigation in order to come up with the diagnosis or treatment. Dr. Alavi is kind and she is very professional. We appreciate you Dr. Alavi!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

I feel I show up to my appointments more knowledgeable than she is. I have done in with concerns and she is very dismissive and feel it's based on her lack of knowledge. I ended up in emerge out of country and the doctor suggested I do a follow up with an obgyn and when I went to see Alavi after the incident she again was dismissive I asked for a referral and I have followed up several times and I am still waiting for a follow up disputed my efforts. She can hand you a tissue for a cod but that is the extent of her knowledge. She will offer look things up on the Internet while I am in the office. I am like I did the research before I got here that is why I am asking you these questions. I even called the clinic about her lack of knowledge and they could do nothing for me including changing me to a new doctor.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Alavi since my family GP retired and I was transferred to her. I find her to be very nice, but not effective. Anytime I come in with an issue (which isn't often), all she does it refer me to specialists without looking into the issue herself. It makes the trip there pointless. The admin/reception staff at this office are also some of the rudest people I've ever met and have often given me attitude over the phone when I've asked for help. Desperately seeking a new GP.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Dr. Alavi was our family doctor for a number of years and at first we were just happy to have a family doctor at all. Needless to say with a young family trips to the doctor's office were frequent but her being available was always an issue. I think as a family we were introduced to many other physicians at the clinic simply because she was never available. The second and more disturbing issue with this Dr. is the fact that my spouse has suffered from depression and thyroid complication since the birth of our second child and has been on medication ever since. My wife would schedule appointments with the doctor to discuss her condition as it deteriorates looking for solutions and Dr. Alavi would simply dismiss her concerns without even acknowledging them. We have tried on several occasions to meet with her to discuss further with the same result so we opted to remove our selves from her roster and seek health care elsewhere. Unless you are going to see her for a common cold you will be wasting your time.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

I've been seeing Dr Alavi since the family Dr I had all my life retired. She is wonderful! She takes the time to listen, asks questions, is thorough with bloodwork & tests. I'm very happy with her! She is prompt, courteous and caring. I have found in past yrs that the clerical staff is at times rude, and if you're a moment late for the appt they cancel you, but she has been positively fabulous. My family is lucky to have her! Thank you, Dr Alavi!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

Dr Alavi has been taking care of me for a few years. I am fighting cancer right now and she has helped me so much. she takes the time to talk to me and answer my concerns. all i can say is im blessed to have her as a doctor.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Dr Alavi is generally disinterested, unresponsive and is usually unconcerned or in disbelief of most if not all symptoms. I've been a patient of hers for about seven years and have always found her to be either negligent or undereducated - I'm really not sure which. Until recently I have always been healthy and have never felt more than a little rushed upon leaving an appointment. But now that I'm dealing with a mystery heal issue I feel blatantly ignored. She has finally (after three appointments) scheduled a meeting with a specialist, but gave me no inkling whatsoever as to what my symptoms may be symptomatic OF. I would trust her to little more than reading my blood pressure.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2014

Hard to get an appointment. Misses very important issues. Focuses on other things outside of what your there to see her for. Referred me to another Dr. Went to the Dr and they looked at me like I had 2 heads! They didnt treat what I was there for! Changing Dr's now!!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2013

I couldn't get in to see my own doctor, so I ended up seeing 3 different on-call doctors at this clinic. She was the only one that gave me a requisition for an ultrasound. I did not find she was very knowledgeable, and did not explain my problem to me, or offer a diagnosis. However, she was the only one to give me the ultrasound. The other doctors did nothing for me, and told me my problem was normal! Only to find out, after going to urgent care in Kitchener, that I may have endometriosis! I was also referred to a Gynecologist, by the urgent care doctor. The staff at Grandview always treat me like crap-very rude, and never give me an appt. no matter how serious my symptoms! I've been going here since the day I was born, and they always treat me poorly-horrible customer service!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

Can never get an appointment. She over looks things and misses VERY important ones. She does take her time with you... but your left with NO answers

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011